.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS change needs UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase-Any faster alternatives?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LS67
697 Views, 5 Replies

UCS change needs UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase-Any faster alternatives?

I port my autolisp routines to NET.A simple autolisp routine changes the UCS to another one.The change needs no regeneration and is immediate.But in NET i have to use "UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase".When the dwg is loaded with lots of objects it takes quite a lot of time to regen.Is there a way to have an immediate change using NET just like when using autolisp command?Also why autolisp needs no regen?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: LS67

Hi,

>> But in NET i have to use "UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase"

I never used this .... but multiple times used different UCS (of course I do not use tiled-viewports, because when I need multiple viewports I take a layout for that job). Could you show the code-snippet (or a short sample) to get your phenomen reproduced?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
LS67

Try UCSV from autocad command line.

It prompts you to select two points.

It creates a ucs using the first point selected (but with zero elevation) as the origin and

the xaxis passing through the second point (also with zero elevation)

the yaxis is passing vertical above the origin.

Public Class class_AutoCAD_Utilities

<CommandMethod("UCSv")> PublicSub UCSvertical()

SetToWCS()'routine of mine-code comes next

Dim Pt1 As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3d = CAD.NET.SelectPointAsPoint3D("Select origin ")

If IsNothing(Pt1) ThenExit Sub

Dim Pt2 As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3d = CAD.NET.SelectPointAsPoint3D("Select a point on axis X ")

If IsNothing(Pt2) ThenExit Sub

Dim ORGN AsNew Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3d(Pt1.X, Pt1.Y, 0)

Dim Xaxis AsNew Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Vector3d((Pt2.X - Pt1.X), (Pt2.Y - Pt1.Y), 0)

Dim Yaxis AsNew Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Vector3d(0, 0, 1)

Dim CS AsNew Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.CoordinateSystem3d(ORGN, Xaxis, Yaxis)       

Dim acadDoc As Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Document = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument

Dim acadDB As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Database = acadDoc.Database

Dim acadEditor As Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor = acadDoc.Editor

Using acadTRNS As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Transaction = acadDB.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim acadUCSTbl As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.UcsTable

acadUCSTbl =

CType(acadTRNS.GetObject(acadDB.UcsTableId, Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForRead), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.UcsTable)         

Dim acadUCSTblRec As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.UcsTableRecord = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.UcsTableRecord

acadUCSTbl.UpgradeOpen()

acadUCSTbl.Add(acadUCSTblRec)

acadTRNS.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(acadUCSTblRec,

True)

With acadUCSTblRec

.Origin = CS.Origin

.XAxis = CS.Xaxis

.YAxis = CS.Yaxis

EndWith

acadTRNS.Commit()

EndUsing

UCS.SetActiveViewportToUCS(CS, True)'routine of mine-code comes next

EndSub

PublicFunction SetToWCS(OptionalByVal ShowNameNotFoundMessage AsBoolean = True) AsBoolean

Dim acadDoc As Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Document = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument

Try

Using acadTRNS As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Transaction = acadDB.TransactionManager.StartTransaction

Dim acadVPortsTableRecord As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ViewportTableRecord = CType(acadTRNS.GetObject(acadDoc.Editor.ActiveViewportId, Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForRead), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ViewportTableRecord)

acadVPortsTableRecord.SetUcsToWorld()

acadDoc.Editor.UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase()

acadTRNS.Commit()

ReturnTrue

EndUsing

Catch ex AsException

If ShowNameNotFoundMessage Then MsgBox("Failed to set WCS current" + vbNewLine + ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Information, "Info")

ReturnFalse

EndTry

EndFunction

PublicFunction SetActiveViewportToUCS(ByVal UCSis As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.CoordinateSystem3d, OptionalByVal ShowErrorMessage AsBoolean = True) AsBoolean

Try

Using acadTRNS As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Transaction = acadDB.TransactionManager.StartTransaction

Dim acadVPortsTableRecord As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ViewportTableRecord = CType(acadTRNS.GetObject(acadDoc.Editor.ActiveViewportId, Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.OpenMode.ForRead), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ViewportTableRecord)

acadVPortsTableRecord.SetUcs(UCSis.Origin, UCSis.Xaxis, UCSis.Yaxis)

acadDoc.Editor.UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase()

acadTRNS.Commit()

Return True

EndUsing

Catch ex AsException

If ShowErrorMessage Then MsgBox("Failed to set UCS current" + vbNewLine + ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Information, "Info")

ReturnFalse

EndTry

EndFunction

End Class

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

was a lot of work to get the lost spaces back from your codesnippet ... e.g. "EndFunction" "EndTry" "EndUsing" ... (without space)

Please use next time the icon for "Code insert" 😉

Ok, have a try to that code, does it work for you (without unnecessary regen's)?

<Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandMethod("UCSv")> _
   Public Sub UCSvertical()
      Dim tAcadDoc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
      tAcadDoc.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem = Matrix3d.Identity      'set to origin = world

Try
         'get new origin and x-direction
         Dim tPt1 As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3d = getPnt("Select origin ", False, Nothing)
         Dim tPt2 As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry.Point3d = getPnt("Select a point on axis X ", True, tPt1)

'create a matrix for new origin and x-direction(rotation)
         Dim tMat As Matrix3d = Matrix3d.Displacement(New Vector3d(tPt1.X, tPt1.Y, 0))
         tMat *= Matrix3d.Rotation(New Vector2d((tPt2.X - tPt1.X), (tPt2.Y - tPt1.Y)).Angle, New Vector3d(0, 0, 1), Point3d.Origin)

'make it to active ucs
         tAcadDoc.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem = tMat

Catch ex As Exception
         'TODO error-analyses
      End Try
   End Sub

Private Function getPnt(ByVal Msg As String, ByVal UseDragBasePnt As Boolean, ByVal DragBasePnt As Point3d) As Point3d
      Dim tRetVal As Point3d = Point3d.Origin
      Dim tED As Editor = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor
      Dim tPrompt As PromptPointOptions = New PromptPointOptions(Msg)
      If UseDragBasePnt Then
         tPrompt.BasePoint = DragBasePnt
         tPrompt.UseBasePoint = True
      End If
      Dim tRes As PromptPointResult = tED.GetPoint(Msg)
      If tRes.Status = PromptStatus.OK Then
         tRetVal = tRes.Value
      Else
         Throw New Exception("Error selecting Point")
      End If
      Return tRetVal
   End Function

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
LS67

Totally different approach . I coded by the autodesk online help .Your approach gives the EXACT result that i needed ! Two fast internet responses . And a perfect solution . Thank you so much .

You are right about the "Insert code" button .

I apologise that i do not know all the available features .

Double thanks for your time fixing my Copy+Paste code through the wrong way.

By the way,how did you develop this approach ?

Good math knowledge and/or an other tutorial than the original autodesk ?

I have to admit that i am amazed for both immediate response and exact solution !!!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

what if the editor is closed and I cannot run Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost