Did you mean: 

Trouble with registering COM interop in ACAD 2007 and VS.NET

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
356 Views, 14 Replies

Trouble with registering COM interop in ACAD 2007 and VS.NET

Hi all,

Could somebody help me I'm getting desperate...

I try to compile a Visual Studio Solution for AutoCAD2007 which we made and that compiled before. On other similar machines with the same programs (!) it compiles, but on mine there is a problem with the:
AutoCAD/ObjectDBx Common 17.0 Type Library -->> Visual Studio says under the Path column:
Also in the solution explorer there is an exclamation mark in the icon next to axdblib.dll reference.

I tried removing all references and then adding them step by step:
especially:
c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared\acax17enu.tlb
c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared\axdb17enu.tlb

Where is the problem?????
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you select them from the COM tab, or
are you actually selecting those files?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5515300@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi all,

Could somebody help me I'm getting desperate...

I try to compile a Visual Studio Solution for AutoCAD2007 which we made and that compiled before. On other similar machines with the same programs (!) it compiles, but on mine there is a problem with the:
AutoCAD/ObjectDBx Common 17.0 Type Library -->> Visual Studio says under the Path column:
Also in the solution explorer there is an exclamation mark in the icon next to axdblib.dll reference.

I tried removing all references and then adding them step by step:
especially:
c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared\acax17enu.tlb
c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared\axdb17enu.tlb

Where is the problem?????
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

I tried both. Same results
Message 4 of 15
MarkPendergraft

i am having the same problem.

I have an application named MRPTools. It was originally compiled in AutoCAD 2006. I copied the project and removed the 2006 references, then added 2007 references, and re-built it. It worked just fine. Later, instead of managing two sets of code, i decided to Just use the 2006 project, and when i wanted to compile in 2007, i would just remove the 06 references, and then add the 07, compile the code. then remove the 07 references and add the 06 again. No big deal.

But now, i can't get add the Interop references at all !!!!!

I have tried everything, from building a completely new project, selecting the reference files themselves, physically copying the files into the project directory..... Nothing works!
This hasn't become a big deal yet, but it will, as i am constantly updating my programs for the company. We have come to rely on them very heavily, and now the people using 07 will not be able to get updates.
Message 5 of 15
cgay

You can try and Repair the AutoCAD install in the Add/Remove control panel
Message 6 of 15
Mikko

Remove / delete the offending reference and let the Visual Studio IntelliSense make the correction. Cheap and dirty worked for me. I tried to attach a screen shot of this but the site does not allow me to attach anything, doc, jpg, png etc....
Message 7 of 15
MarkPendergraft

i don't see how intellisense can correct a reference. Please do attach a screen shot, try zipping the file and attaching it.

Thanks!.

I don't know if repairing my install will help, i guess it's the next avenue. However, that being said, if i have to reinstall every time i need to use the reference, that might not be worth it.

i will repair my copy of 2007, and let everybody know how that works out. Thanks for the help.

-Mark Pendergraft
Message 8 of 15
Mikko

Trying this from another workstation Message was edited by: Mikko
Message 9 of 15
Mikko

Hmmm
Message 10 of 15
Mikko

Again?
Message 11 of 15
MarkPendergraft

Any luck?
Message 12 of 15
Mikko

One last try. I keep getting

Error reading uploaded file '{0}'.

I've tried several different computers from several different drives. No luck. Anyhow the IntellliSense gives the squigly line under the error in my code, I just move the mouse to the end of the error and an error correction options dialog box (Shift+Alt+F10) opens and I am able to click the Add Reference (Apply Fix) from the options given.
Message 13 of 15
MarkPendergraft

yes, apparently the upload file portion of the website is not working right now.

So, i have the line:

Dim AcApp As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication = Application.AcadApplication

in my code, and under the autodesk.autocad.interop.acadapplication portion there is a blue squiggly line. when i open intellisense to see the suggested fixes, it only shows me alternatives that are similar using the managed libraries. there is no option to 'add reference'.

I'm using VS 2005 Pro, are you using VS 2003 perhaps?

do you also have AutoCAD 2006 on your computer?
Message 14 of 15
Mikko

Here is a link at PutStuff.com where I upload a jpg.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/75785/5559755

You gotta click thru to the 3rd page to download the file.

I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers and
AutoCAD 2008
Message 15 of 15
MarkPendergraft

still didn't work for me.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/75788/5639198

as you can see from the screen shot, add reference is not an option.

i will try a repair on 2007 next. i'll let you know how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost