Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation matrix

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kaarigar
1483 Views, 6 Replies

Transformation matrix

I am moving certain code which was packaged in the AutoCAD .NET application to a web service. The reason for doing this is to abstract out this functionality so that it can be used by other non-AutoCAD clients. I have worked out the interface to this web serive. However, this code made extensive use of UCS/WCS transformation of the geometries when it was part of the .NET application inside AutoCAD. Now the task for me is to recreate this geometry transformation functionality outside of the AutoCAD and its .NET API.

Has anyone faced similar situation? I will be mostly required to transform points from one UCS to another UCS. The caller of the service can pass the required information to define the UCS - such as origin, point on X axis and point on XY plane. However, how should this information be used to actually implement the necesarry transformation matrices? Has anyone already done this? Any help of word of advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Kaarigar

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeffrey_H
in reply to: kaarigar

Open the arxdoc.chm and type "coordinate" in the index and look at the topics under it.

You can always place base functionality in a seperate dll "class library"

1959i9DC17022763198FD

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 7
cean_au

just wondering if i could you this matrix to enlarge a inventor part?

thx

Message 4 of 7
BellwetherBill

I believe you just need to multiply the two matrices then transform the point.

I had similar issues when working with different API's so I developed a class that I could use in any API. I have attached the multiply matrix and transform point functions I use. Obviously I cannot guarantee there are no bugs!

This was written in VB.net

Message 5 of 7

I should have mentioned in my previous post that you may need to invert one of the matrices depending on how they relate to the point and eachother. I also have an invert function if you need it.

Message 6 of 7
cean_au
in reply to: BellwetherBill

thx for your code. I figured out how to scale the coordinate of a point. but it seems Inventor doesn't updated.

Message 7 of 7
BKSpurgeon
in reply to: BellwetherBill

Hi Bellwether i'm no expert but I think autocad or .net would already have such classes in existence? perhaps worth looking into it could save you much effort. hope this helps. rgds

BK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost