Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and line colors in PaperSpace Layouts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pvictor
352 Views, 3 Replies

Text and line colors in PaperSpace Layouts

I have a VB.Net application that generates a drawing in ModelSpace and a single Layout in PaperSpace (for plotting). The ModelSpace background is dark and the PaperSpace Layout background is white (like paper, I suppose).

My problem is that light colors (e.g., yellow) that work well in ModelSpace are all but invisible against the white background in the Layout. The actual plots are grayscale and print just fine.

Is there a way (using VB.Net) to:

1) force the Layout to show grayscale (just like the eventual plot will appear on the paper), and/or
2) make the Layout background dark like the ModelSpace background and leave the colors alone, and/or
3) make the colors in the Layout be all black/gray without affecting the colorful appearance of the ModelSpace drawing.

Is there some other way to see the grayscale plotted image on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Victor
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pvictor

You can change the colors of the layout background
via the OPTIONS command.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5076200@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a VB.Net application that generates a drawing in ModelSpace and a single Layout in PaperSpace (for plotting). The ModelSpace background is dark and the PaperSpace Layout background is white (like paper, I suppose).

My problem is that light colors (e.g., yellow) that work well in ModelSpace are all but invisible against the white background in the Layout. The actual plots are grayscale and print just fine.

Is there a way (using VB.Net) to:

1) force the Layout to show grayscale (just like the eventual plot will appear on the paper), and/or
2) make the Layout background dark like the ModelSpace background and leave the colors alone, and/or
3) make the colors in the Layout be all black/gray without affecting the colorful appearance of the ModelSpace drawing.

Is there some other way to see the grayscale plotted image on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Victor
Message 3 of 4
fantum

> 1) force the Layout to show grayscale (just like the eventual plot will appear on the paper), and/or

See the .ShowPlotStyles property of AcadLayout.
Message 4 of 4
pvictor

Tony,

Thanks for reply -- AcadXTabs looks like what I want. I have a couple of questions:

1) My drawings are generated using both VB.Net and VB6 (not human drawn) -- can I manipulate AcadXTabs programmatically? What I really want to do is populate the menus with a variable listing of drawing names -- both count and name.

2) generally, the drawings are not saved since they can be regenerated from database values at will. However, users will look at drawings on the screen (to compare them to what is expected based on the product specified on a quote). Can I specify my own tab caption (file name?) - e.g. "Quote Line 2", "Quoter Line 3"," Details for Lines 2 & 3", etc. without actually saving the drawings.

Victor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost