Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange debugging behavior

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
apichalski
433 Views, 2 Replies

strange debugging behavior

Hey y'all, I'm working in Visual Studious 2010 and I've put some break points in a program i'm debugging, but when i start debugging, the break points transfer to my previous project! When I call the command from my previous project in autocad, it breaks at the same line in THAT project instead of my current project where the break point is! I'm so blown away, this is definitely outside of my range of knowledge.. I was hoping maybe someone here knew why this might happen. Really appreciate any tips. thanks!!!

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
StephenPreston
in reply to: apichalski

I'm not sure, but this could be due to your debugger getting confused by AutoCAD's use of Fiber switching. See http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/12/breakpoints-in-custom-form-not-hit-when-debugging-net-... to see if that helps.

This doesn't sound like a typical fiber issue though, so maybe VS has got confused between your projects,or you're loading the DLL from the wrong project into AutoCAD, or something else entirely :-(.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
apichalski
in reply to: StephenPreston

thanks for the tip, i figured out the issue though. put the dll file in the plugin folder, instead of netloading it when i debugged. rookie mistake Dx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost