Did you mean: 

Storing data in ResultBuffer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
matus.brlit
524 Views, 4 Replies

Storing data in ResultBuffer

When storing data in ResultBuffer, I found, that there are DxfCodes, that seem to have the same meaning.

DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString Vs. DxfCode.Text

DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16 Vs. DxfCode.Int16

Can anyone clarify if there is any difference between them?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@matus.brlit wrote:

When storing data in ResultBuffer, I found, that there are DxfCodes, that seem to have the same meaning.

DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString Vs. DxfCode.Text

DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16 Vs. DxfCode.Int16

Can anyone clarify if there is any difference between them?

Thanks

DxfCode.ExtendedDataXXXX can be used only as a part of extended data (http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/04/adding_xdata_to.html)

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 5

So in XData, I can use whichever I want, but elsewhere, I have to use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 ? And where is that elsewhere? Because when storing data in XRecords, they are stored in the XRecortd's Data property, which is the same.

Maybe for communication with Lisp?

Message 4 of 5

@matus.brlit wrote:

So in XData, I can use whichever I want, but elsewhere, I have to use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 ? And where is that elsewhere? Because when storing data in XRecords, they are stored in the XRecortd's Data property, which is the same.

Maybe for communication with Lisp?

1. In XData you can not use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 but can use DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString and DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16

2. In XRecord you can use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for clarification.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost