.NET

Mentor
matus.brlit
Message 1 of 5 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

Storing data in ResultBuffer

228 Views, 4 Replies
03-28-2013 12:35 AM

When storing data in ResultBuffer, I found, that there are DxfCodes, that seem to have the same meaning.

DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString Vs. DxfCode.Text

DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16 Vs. DxfCode.Int16

Can anyone clarify if there is any difference between them?

Thanks

matus.brlit wrote:

So in XData, I can use whichever I want, but elsewhere, I have to use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 ? And where is that elsewhere? Because when storing data in XRecords, they are stored in the XRecortd's Data property, which is the same.

Maybe for communication with Lisp?

1. In XData you can not use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 but can use DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString and DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16

2. In XRecord you can use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 2 of 5 (210 Views)

Re: Storing data in ResultBuffer

03-28-2013 02:27 AM in reply to: matus.brlit

matus.brlit wrote:

When storing data in ResultBuffer, I found, that there are DxfCodes, that seem to have the same meaning.

DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString Vs. DxfCode.Text

DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16 Vs. DxfCode.Int16

Can anyone clarify if there is any difference between them?

Thanks

DxfCode.ExtendedDataXXXX can be used only as a part of extended data (http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/04/adding_xdata_to.html)

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Mentor
matus.brlit
Message 3 of 5 (206 Views)

03-28-2013 02:45 AM in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

So in XData, I can use whichever I want, but elsewhere, I have to use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 ? And where is that elsewhere? Because when storing data in XRecords, they are stored in the XRecortd's Data property, which is the same.

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 4 of 5 (193 Views)

03-28-2013 03:40 AM in reply to: matus.brlit

matus.brlit wrote:

1. In XData you can not use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16 but can use DxfCode.ExtendedDataAsciiString and DxfCode.ExtendedDataInteger16

2. In XRecord you can use DxfCode.Text and DxfCode.Int16

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Mentor
matus.brlit
Message 5 of 5 (185 Views)

03-28-2013 03:48 AM in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thanks for clarification.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!