some new created entities are not shown

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mariominati
507 Views, 2 Replies

some new created entities are not shown

Hello,

within a while loop we are letting the user pick elements and select points to copy and create entities.

My problem is that some of the newly created entites are shown at once (a leader entity) and some are not shown until the command has ended (a polyline and a mtext entity).

The code to insert and add the entites to the drawing are identically, we cannot see any obvious reason why some of the objects are not shown.

The leader is created as last object in every while loop, but that should make a difference.

The transaction is commited before each loop ends, in fact just after the last entity has been added in each loop.

Is there any command we can call after each loop to enforce updating the screen?

Best greets,

Mario

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mariominati
in reply to: mariominati

Hello,

I just realized that this problem is due to the transient graphics we are useing for selection of entities. The two missing entities (mtext and polyline) are displayed next to cursor, and through the update method I assume the real object gets temporarily cleaned from the display.

Did anyone have experience in this kind of problem and can help?

Best greets,

Mario

Message 3 of 3
mariominati
in reply to: mariominati

Hello,

the solution was so simple - if you know it 🙂

We had to start a seperate transaction in the loop. On committing all the objects are shown properly.

I had nothing to do with transient graphics.

Best greets,

Mario

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost