Did you mean: 

Side loading a dwg with ReadDwgFile then Plotting

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gotMorris
1324 Views, 7 Replies

Side loading a dwg with ReadDwgFile then Plotting

I used the example here to side load dwgs into memory combined with the example here of Plot From Model Space. I got things working except for the plots are not respecting whether the layers are frozen or not and printing as if they were all thawed. The data coming in from the dwg is correct. I can iterate the layers while debugging and verify the correct ones are either frozen or thawed. Also If I just saveas the dwg to a new name it matches the original concerning the layer state.

[CommandMethod("PlotLayout")]
        public static void PlotLayout()
        {
            // Get the current document and database, and start a transaction
            Document acDoc = Active.Document;
            Database acCurDb = Active.Database;
            Editor ed = Active.Editor;
            var collection = new List<string>() { "C:\\Test\\440001A.dwg", "C:\\Test\\440001B.dwg", "C:\\Test\\440001C.dwg", "C:\\Test\\440001D.dwg" };
            for (int i = 0; i < collection.Count; i++)
            {
                var dwg = collection[i];
                var dir = Path.GetDirectoryName(dwg);
                var fn = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(dwg);
                var filePath = Path.Combine(dir, fn + "-" + i.ToString() + ".pdf");
                Database oldDb = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase;
                using (Database db = new Database(false, true))
                {
                    db.ReadDwgFile(dwg, FileOpenMode.OpenForReadAndAllShare, false, null);
                    db.CloseInput(true);

using (Transaction acTrans = db.TransactionManager.StartTransaction())
                        try
                        {
                            HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase = db;

LayoutManager acLayoutMgr = LayoutManager.Current;

// Get the current layout and output its name in the Command Line window
                            Layout acLayout = acTrans.GetObject(acLayoutMgr.GetLayoutId(acLayoutMgr.CurrentLayout),
                                                                OpenMode.ForRead) as Layout;

// Get the PlotInfo from the layout
                            using (PlotInfo acPlInfo = new PlotInfo())
                            {
                                acPlInfo.Layout = acLayout.ObjectId;

// Get a copy of the PlotSettings from the layout
                                using (PlotSettings acPlSet = new PlotSettings(acLayout.ModelType))
                                {
                                    acPlSet.CopyFrom(acLayout);

// Update the PlotSettings object
                                    PlotSettingsValidator acPlSetVdr = PlotSettingsValidator.Current;

// Set the plot type
                                    acPlSetVdr.SetPlotType(acPlSet, Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.PlotType.Extents);

// Set the plot scale
                                    acPlSetVdr.SetUseStandardScale(acPlSet, true);
                                    acPlSetVdr.SetStdScaleType(acPlSet, StdScaleType.ScaleToFit);

// Center the plot
                                    acPlSetVdr.SetPlotCentered(acPlSet, true);

// Set the plot device to use
                                    acPlSetVdr.SetPlotConfigurationName(acPlSet, "DWF6 ePlot.pc3", "ANSI_B_(11.00_x_17.00_Inches)");

// Set the plot info as an override since it will
                                    // not be saved back to the layout
                                    acPlInfo.OverrideSettings = acPlSet;

// Validate the plot info
                                    using (PlotInfoValidator acPlInfoVdr = new PlotInfoValidator())
                                    {
                                        acPlInfoVdr.MediaMatchingPolicy = MatchingPolicy.MatchEnabled;
                                        acPlInfoVdr.Validate(acPlInfo);

// Check to see if a plot is already in progress
                                        if (PlotFactory.ProcessPlotState == ProcessPlotState.NotPlotting)
                                        {
                                            using (PlotEngine acPlEng = PlotFactory.CreatePublishEngine())
                                            {
                                                // Track the plot progress with a Progress dialog
                                                using (PlotProgressDialog acPlProgDlg = new PlotProgressDialog(false, 1, true))
                                                {
                                                    using ((acPlProgDlg))
                                                    {
                                                        // Define the status messages to display 
                                                        // when plotting starts
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.DialogTitle, "Plot Progress");
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.CancelJobButtonMessage, "Cancel Job");
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.CancelSheetButtonMessage, "Cancel Sheet");
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.SheetSetProgressCaption, "Sheet Set Progress");
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.SheetProgressCaption, "Sheet Progress");

// Set the plot progress range
                                                        acPlProgDlg.LowerPlotProgressRange = 0;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.UpperPlotProgressRange = 100;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.PlotProgressPos = 0;

// Display the Progress dialog
                                                        acPlProgDlg.OnBeginPlot();
                                                        acPlProgDlg.IsVisible = true;

// Start to plot the layout
                                                        acPlEng.BeginPlot(acPlProgDlg, null);

// Define the plot output
                                                        acPlEng.BeginDocument(acPlInfo, acDoc.Name, null, 1, true, "c:\\myplot");

// Display information about the current plot
                                                        acPlProgDlg.set_PlotMsgString(PlotMessageIndex.Status, "Plotting: " + acDoc.Name + " - " + acLayout.LayoutName);

// Set the sheet progress range
                                                        acPlProgDlg.OnBeginSheet();
                                                        acPlProgDlg.LowerSheetProgressRange = 0;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.UpperSheetProgressRange = 100;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.SheetProgressPos = 0;

// Plot the first sheet/layout
                                                        using (PlotPageInfo acPlPageInfo = new PlotPageInfo())
                                                        {
                                                            acPlEng.BeginPage(acPlPageInfo, acPlInfo, true, null);
                                                        }

acPlEng.BeginGenerateGraphics(null);
                                                        acPlEng.EndGenerateGraphics(null);

// Finish plotting the sheet/layout
                                                        acPlEng.EndPage(null);
                                                        acPlProgDlg.SheetProgressPos = 100;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.OnEndSheet();

// Finish plotting the document
                                                        acPlEng.EndDocument(null);

// Finish the plot
                                                        acPlProgDlg.PlotProgressPos = 100;
                                                        acPlProgDlg.OnEndPlot();
                                                        acPlEng.EndPlot(null);
                                                    }
                                                }
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                }
                            }

}
                        catch (System.Exception ex)
                        {

ed.WriteMessage(ex.ToString());
                        }
                    HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase = oldDb;
                }
            }
        }

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fieldguy
in reply to: gotMorris

Interesting.  I have used layerstate files and Database.LayerStateManager in the past but that was using XREFs.  This process sets up the viewport before plotting (WYSIWYG).    

Layerstates are time consuming to create, but can be saved externally and shared. 

Message 3 of 8
gotMorris
in reply to: fieldguy

Any ideas why the plot isn't using the layer state of the dwg(s)? They are correct.

Message 4 of 8
fieldguy

No - I have not done this before.  My guess is that Readdwg is not the same as XREF when it comes to plotting.  This could mean that the doc in the editor is not in the same state as the doc in the application.  But, if it looks correct in the editor, it should plot that way. 

Message 5 of 8
fieldguy

What's your goal - to open a list of dwg files and plot them?  If that's the case, you don't need to insert an old database into a new database (Using Database db = new Database(false, true)).  

You would use documentmanager and open.  There should be several examples here.  Something like:

DocumentCollection docmgr = Application.DocumentManager;

Document mydoc = docmgr.Add("a dwg file from your list");

docmgr.MdiActiveDocument = mydoc;

Database db = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase;

Message 6 of 8
gotMorris

I actually need to do this with accoreconsole and a script file. I tried using DocumentCollection to add the dwg but it crashed. Using the standard AutoCad UI it created the pdf but was blank.

Message 7 of 8
fieldguy

I haven't used accoreconsole either.  Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

Other reading?

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=46568.0

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2012/02/the-autocad-2013-core-console...

Message 8 of 8
gotMorris

Not ideal but I found a work around. If I iterate the LayerTable, check for frozen then make IsPlottable false it prints correctly. If a better soultion is available please let me know. Thanks.

LayerTable _LayerTable = acTrans.GetObject(db.LayerTableId, OpenMode.ForRead) as LayerTable;
                             foreach (ObjectId _LayerTableId in _LayerTable)
                             {
                                 LayerTableRecord _LayerTableRecord =
                                            (LayerTableRecord)acTrans.GetObject(_LayerTableId,
                                                                OpenMode.ForWrite);
                                 if (_LayerTableRecord.IsFrozen)
                                 {
                                     _LayerTableRecord.IsPlottable = false;
                                 }
                             }

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost