.NET

Mentor
MarkPendergraft
Message 1 of 4 (219 Views)
Accepted Solution

Show the command line

219 Views, 3 Replies
01-27-2013 02:30 PM

Does anyone know how to duplicate the functionality of pressing the F2 button in .NET?  I have several commands that write a fair bit of data to the command line, including one that lists individual segments of civil 3d objects and I would like to make the command line appear in a similar fashion to the list command.

Thanks for your help.

-Mark P.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Show the command line

01-27-2013 05:09 PM in reply to: MarkPendergraft

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Utils.ShowHideTextWindow(true)

Pass a value of False to hide the text window.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Mentor
MarkPendergraft
Message 3 of 4 (198 Views)

Re: Show the command line

01-27-2013 09:06 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you Jeff.  It would be nice if this type of thing were documented in the API.  I see now that searching object browser in Visual Studio does find it, but you have to type 'textwindow' exactly... I searched the web for about 40 minutes before asking this question because I was sure someone must have done so before me.

-Mark P.

Valued Mentor
DiningPhilosopher
Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)

Re: Show the command line

01-28-2013 01:06 AM in reply to: MarkPendergraft

MarkPendergraft wrote:

....It would be nice if this type of thing were documented in the API....

I'm not disagreeing with that, but.....

namespace Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.*

Anything within the 'Internal' namespace is entirely undocumented, and as its name suggests, is for 'internal use only'.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.