.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing DLL with ACAD and Standalone exe?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Colin French
225 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing DLL with ACAD and Standalone exe?

I want to create a DLL which will be both NetLoad’ed into AutoCAD and used by a standalone executable. Not knowing the plumbing under VS2005, nor what Autodesk’s wizard actually does behind the scenes when setting up a managed code project, are there any little traps waiting for me? Any situations or problems that could crop up when trying to use the same DLL in the two different ways?

Thanks in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Colin French

The main thing you must do is to ensure that the
assembly that you want to use in other processes,
does not reference or have any dependence on the
AutoCAD managed assemblies (e.g., acmgd.dll and
acdbmgd.dll), because these can only be loaded into
AutoCAD's process.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006/2007
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5501270@discussion.autodesk.com...
I want to create a DLL which will be both NetLoad’ed into AutoCAD and used by a standalone executable. Not knowing the plumbing under VS2005, nor what Autodesk’s wizard actually does behind the scenes when setting up a managed code project, are there any little traps waiting for me? Any situations or problems that could crop up when trying to use the same DLL in the two different ways?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Message 3 of 3
Colin French
in reply to: Colin French

Thanks for the reply -- whatever is loading the DLL (a routine within ACAD or the standalone app) will be responsible for setting a flag property that indicates what environment it is running in. That in turn is used by the DLL when needed to enable/disable some of the U.I. and related functionality, and thereby ignores any of its methods that might require referencing ACAD's assemblies. Heh, sounds like it should work 😉 time for some tests...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost