Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serialize Autocad Document

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rtejada
306 Views, 4 Replies

Serialize Autocad Document

Is there a way to serialize/deserialize the entire Autocad Document to send or receive it into a binary stream object.

I will appreciate any help
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rtejada

Yes. The binary format is called the .dwg file.

Albert

wrote in message news:4933288@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there a way to serialize/deserialize the entire Autocad Document to send
or receive it into a binary stream object.

I will appreciate any help
Message 3 of 5
rtejada

Actually what I was looking for was to read the content of the entire drawing (which is not saved to a local disk) and be able to send it to a remote location using streams. The case is a remote file that is loaded to the Temporal Internet Files folder and then open, the file displays its remote location on the windows title bar. You can not save the document on this location without changing the windows title information of the drawing, and I wanted to save it back to its remote location.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

What's wrong with saving to a local file and copying it
to wherever you want?

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:4972387@discussion.autodesk.com...
Actually what I was looking for was to read the content of the entire drawing (which is not saved to a local disk) and be able to send it to a remote location using streams. The case is a remote file that is loaded to the Temporal Internet Files folder and then open, the file displays its remote location on the windows title bar. You can not save the document on this location without changing the windows title information of the drawing, and I wanted to save it back to its remote location.
Message 5 of 5
rtejada

Actually that is what I end up doing, the problem is that the users got confused with the path displayed on the windows title since it shows by default the local full path and they get the impression that are working with another file and not with the remote one. I was trying to disable the display full path feature programatically but I could not find the file preference option. It will be great if I can only display the filename on the tile bar.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost