Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Set - Crossing polygon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PeterKelec3372
746 Views, 4 Replies

Selection Set - Crossing polygon

Hello, I am wondering, if anybody could point me to the right solution of my problem. I need to be able to select circles and polylines within a user defined polygon.

Question #1:
Is there a way to force AutoCAD to select objects only through a CP (crossing polygon) command? Can I somehow retrieve a list of points the user entered when defining the polygon boundaries?

Question #2:
Is there a way to somehow mimic the native AutoCAD crossing polygon selection routine? I have created an EntityJig object that basically retrieves points from the user and displays a closed polyline on the screen. However, I would really like to use a rubber band representation of the polyline (dashed line) and a semi-transparent fill of the area enclosed by the polyline.

Is any of this possible? Edited by: PeterKelec3372 on Nov 10, 2009 12:51 PM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
NathTay
in reply to: PeterKelec3372

Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.GetSelection
Message 3 of 5

The Editor.GetSelection method starts a full "Select objects" command. What I want is a way to force the "Select objects" command to work only in the "CP" sub command. That is the user would only be prompted/allowed to select the crossing polygon points, nothing else. However, I would still need to somehow retrieve the entered points.

Basically, I need the ability to select and analyze circles, points, polylines, and meshes in a user specified polygonal area and I do not know how to make a polygonal entityjig with a semi-trasparent/translucent fill and dashed outline (like the "CP" command).
Message 4 of 5
NathTay

"http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20.NET%20Developer's%20Guide/index.html"
Message 5 of 5
NathTay

Do a search on the documentation at that link for "Select Objects in the Drawing Area".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost