Selecting tables in a drawing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
laurie.comerford
928 Views, 1 Reply

Selecting tables in a drawing

Hi,

I have a need to delete all the tables in my drawing.

I started with the SS14 code from Jerry Winters VB.NET progamming and modified it to select tables.  Unfortunately, when trying to select a table, the code does not work.   I tried it with Polylines, block references, Mtext and it worked OK with all of them.  See the code below:

<CommandMethod("SS14")> _
    Public Sub SS14()
        Dim myDB As DatabaseServices.Database
        Dim myDWG As ApplicationServices.Document
        Dim myEd As EditorInput.Editor
        Dim myPSR As EditorInput.PromptSelectionResult
        Dim mySS As EditorInput.SelectionSet
        Dim myFilter(0) As DatabaseServices.TypedValue
        myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "INSERT")
         myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "TABLE")
       ' myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "POLYLINE")
       ' myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "MTEXT")
'''' Chenge items commented out above for testing.
 Dim mySF As New EditorInput.SelectionFilter(myFilter) myDWG = ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument myDB = myDWG.Database myEd = myDWG.Editor myPSR = myEd.SelectAll(mySF) Try mySS = myPSR.Value If Not IsNothing(mySS) Then MsgBox(mySS.Count) End If Catch ex As SystemException MsgBox(Err.Description) End Try End Sub

What am I doing wrong?  Or is there a bug when selecting "Tables" as distinct from other entities?

Regards

Laurie Comerford
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Laurie,

when you create a table in your drawing and do then

(entget (car (entsel))) <ENTER> ==> then select a table

you will see in the list of the object-properties this sequence:

(0 . "ACAD_TABLE")

That answers imho the reason why "TABLE" is not working in your example, you should give "ACAD_TABLE" as parameter for the filter:

myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "ACAD_TABLE")

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost