Active Contributor
laurie.comerford
Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)
Accepted Solution

Selecting tables in a drawing

204 Views, 1 Replies
10-29-2011 01:41 PM

Hi,

I have a need to delete all the tables in my drawing.

I started with the SS14 code from Jerry Winters VB.NET progamming and modified it to select tables.  Unfortunately, when trying to select a table, the code does not work.   I tried it with Polylines, block references, Mtext and it worked OK with all of them.  See the code below:

<CommandMethod("SS14")> _
    Public Sub SS14()
        Dim myDB As DatabaseServices.Database
        Dim myDWG As ApplicationServices.Document
        Dim myEd As EditorInput.Editor
        Dim myPSR As EditorInput.PromptSelectionResult
        Dim mySS As EditorInput.SelectionSet
        Dim myFilter(0) As DatabaseServices.TypedValue
        myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "INSERT")
         myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "TABLE")
       ' myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "POLYLINE")
       ' myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "MTEXT")
'''' Chenge items commented out above for testing.
 Dim mySF As New EditorInput.SelectionFilter(myFilter) myDWG = ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument myDB = myDWG.Database myEd = myDWG.Editor myPSR = myEd.SelectAll(mySF) Try mySS = myPSR.Value If Not IsNothing(mySS) Then MsgBox(mySS.Count) End If Catch ex As SystemException MsgBox(Err.Description) End Try End Sub

What am I doing wrong?  Or is there a bug when selecting "Tables" as distinct from other entities?

Regards

Laurie Comerford

Hi Laurie,

when you create a table in your drawing and do then

(entget (car (entsel))) <ENTER> ==> then select a table

you will see in the list of the object-properties this sequence:

(0 . "ACAD_TABLE")

That answers imho the reason why "TABLE" is not working in your example, you should give "ACAD_TABLE" as parameter for the filter:

myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "ACAD_TABLE")

HTH, - alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)

Re: Selecting tables in a drawing

10-29-2011 01:49 PM in reply to: laurie.comerford

Hi Laurie,

when you create a table in your drawing and do then

(entget (car (entsel))) <ENTER> ==> then select a table

you will see in the list of the object-properties this sequence:

(0 . "ACAD_TABLE")

That answers imho the reason why "TABLE" is not working in your example, you should give "ACAD_TABLE" as parameter for the filter:

myFilter(0) = New DatabaseServices.TypedValue(DatabaseServices.DxfCode.Start, "ACAD_TABLE")

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.