Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select entity or pick insertion point

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jernej.carl
661 Views, 6 Replies

Select entity or pick insertion point

Does anybody know if there is a command which joins GetEnttiy() and GetPoint() functions. At the moment I'm using both commands one after another. Result I want would be one command where you can choose entity or select insertion point.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matus.brlit
in reply to: jernej.carl

you can add keyword to the prompt, so when the user doesn't want to select an entity, he uses the keyword and then you prompt for a point

Message 3 of 7
jernej.carl
in reply to: matus.brlit

Thanks for the advice, but that is exactly how it works right now. I'm just interested if there exist one command which can handle all this.

Message 4 of 7
matus.brlit

that is a one command, the user only types one command in the command line

if you want to get the point while picking the entity, then the PromptEntityResult class has a Property PickedPoint that represents the point that was used to pick the entity, but it won't help you if you want to be able to get a point without picking an entity

the second thing that got on my mind was to use GetPoint and then check if there are any entities around the picked point

Message 5 of 7
jernej.carl

I mean one command as function command, some sorto of GetEntityEx(), (that would be something like GetEntity()+GetPoint())... As I said at the moment I'am using GetEntty() with Keywords, where i can redirect to GetPoint()... I will leave this way if there is not any other solution.

Message 6 of 7
matus.brlit

if none of my solutions is useful for you, then i guess you will have to work with the keyword, there is no method that lets you pick entity or point

btw. how do you want to tell if the user wanted to pick the entity or the point?

Message 7 of 7
jernej.carl

Yes it looks I will live it this way(with keywords). Thanks for suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost