Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search window doesn't stay open

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AUGIFrance
465 Views, 4 Replies

Search window doesn't stay open

Is there an option or a a way to keep the search window (CTRL+F) visible in Visual Studio Express 2012?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the same for Express then I have with the Professional edition.

If you don't use <Ctrl>-<F> to get the search window, but use <Ctrl>-<Shift>-<F> .. or the icon in the toolbar you get another window (floating) for search&replace and not the right/upper-docked search-minipalette.

That is what you get with <Ctrl>-<F>

And that is the Search&Replace window + the button in the toolbar where to start (and this window stay resident while you are in VS), or use <Ctrl>-<Shift>-<F>
:

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 5

Hummm... In fact this windows does not stay open after I close and restart Visual Studio... Thanks for your help anyway.

Message 5 of 5

You are welcome!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost