.NET

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

Return an AssocVariable By Name

215 Views, 2 Replies
02-15-2012 11:08 AM

Is there a way to get an AssocVarible by specifying the name of the variable rather than iterating through all the Actions returned by the AssocNetwork.GetActions property?

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Return an AssocVariable By Name

02-16-2012 03:45 PM in reply to: BellwetherBill

So let me rephrase my question. I am trying to figure out a way to access AssocVariables within blocks along with the top level of the ACAD_ASSOCNETWORK without selecting the entities on screen.

I can see the AcDbAssocNetwork objects that I want in the namedobjects dictionary using the ArxDebug tool and I can get to the AssocVariables but using the AssocNetwork.GetInstancesFromObject(Symbolutil(db),true,true,"") only seams to give me access to the top level AssocVariables and not the variables associated with blocks and nested inside AssocArrays.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Active Contributor
BellwetherBill
Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: Return an AssocVariable By Name

02-19-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: BellwetherBill

I have attached some test code as a text file so it's easier to read. I'm not sure if the ultimate implementation will work the way I want but this is what I have so far.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.