Did you mean: 

Require AcCoreMgd.dll 32-bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
VioletPurple876
2852 Views, 4 Replies

Require AcCoreMgd.dll 32-bit

Hi,

I have installed a 64-bit Autocad 2013 on my machine. Am building software which needs to work with both 32 and 64 bit Windows OS. Could someone please provide me a 32-bit dll of AcCoreMgd.dll. Though I don't package it, I need to reference it before my project compiles it right.

I tried downloading the entire installation, but it does it via an installer.The ObjectARX don't have it as well.

So, please oblige. Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

What kind of software you are building? Something run inside AutoCAD only (AutoCAD add-ins), or something run as standalone aoolication outside AutoCAD (EXE, web/windows services...)?

If you do AutoCAD add-in with ObjectARX .NET API and you do not have to care about whether your AutoCAD .NET Add-in is written against 32-bit or 64-bit AutoCAD/OS (unless you uses something third party COM components or some Windows API). When you have AutoCAD isnatlled, be it 32 or 64-bit, you simply set reference to the correct accoremgd.dll, which your user already has it anyway.

If you application runs outside AutoCAD, you simply cannot use accoremgd.dll, period.

Also, what did you try to download? The ObjectARX SDK (Acad2013/2013) does include "accoremgd.dll" in the .\inc folder. You may or may not be aware that the managed DLL (acdbmgd.dll/acmgd.dll/accoremgd.dll) is for development only and they cannot be distributed to AutoCAD user to run your application - AutoCAD installation has them installed alreay, and the SDK version of these file will not run with AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your time. My application uses Autocad dlls for running custom functions inside AutoCAD. In this case, it was referencing some types, and hence I needed the dlls without actually requiring the execution in Autocad.

I was able to locate the dlls inside the object ARX. Windows Search failed me, the previous time.
Message 4 of 5

... hence I needed the dlls without actually requiring the execution in Autocad.

That is NOT POSSIBLE.

The managed API DLLs (acdbmgd.dll/acmgd.dll/accoremgd.dll) can only be used insdie of AutoCAD, that is, AutoCAD MUST be executing/running.

Message 5 of 5
arcticad
in reply to: norman.yuan

You can either use REALDWG to modify the dwg file externally without AutoCAD or use AutoCAD OEM distribute a custom CAD program

AutoCAD RealDWG

http://www.autodesk.com/realdwg

AutoCAD OEM

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=790640&siteID=123112

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost