Did you mean: 

Reg. Making Own Apps in the Andriod Mobile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dhimant.bhensdadia
386 Views, 3 Replies

Reg. Making Own Apps in the Andriod Mobile

Hi,

Basically we people  are making the Desktopn Application or DLL file for AutoCAD customization.

So is it possible to make Android application for the same thing which we are doing in the Desktop ?

So my point is, I want to make the Andriod Apps, in which some one can open the drawing from the Phone Local drive ( From Server we will look letter ) and able to perform some operations for which we have implement for them.

So is there any Materail that I can learn that How to make andriod apps or AutoCAD ?

Thanks In Advance....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 3 of 4

No I want to make my on apps which can do some operation as per the requirement. To understand this, please look at the below example:

I have one master block file that in which one block named "Circle" is there, now there are 3 or 4 drawings are there in my Local drive in the Phone (Not in PC) which are using the same block from this master block.

Now the requirement is if I change the master block then appropriate change will be done in all of the drawings in which that "Circle" block is used.

Now in desktop, I have already made this same application;

Now I want to make the same for the Android device. so now the question is that how can I made the same in the Android device ?

Is there any library file available which can help me to do the development for the same.

Message 4 of 4

So, you want to use an Andriod mobile device as if it is a desktop. Not knowning what Autodesk might have been doing anything that maks it possible, as a public user of Autodesk products, there are only two official ways ways to manipulate *.dwg file: using AutoCAD (or its vertical cousins), or use RealDwg SDK. Either running AutoCAD in your Android mobile device, or developing something with RealDwg on Andriod platform is not possible, at least for now. And I doubt both would ever be possible in future: why develop something that is very complicated to run in mobile device as if it is desktop? If such technology is available, it might have to support many different mobile OS (IOS, Atroid, WP, FireFox...).

The task you want to do can very well be provided with a service hosted in the cloud somewhere and can be accessed by amy mobile device, regardless what the mobile device's OS. Say, you use RealDwg to do the work you need (to manipulate the DWG file), and hosted somewhere in the cloud (or just your company's server your device can have access to), and froom your device, you upload the DWG file, and you then later get back/download the updated DWG file back.

To me, it really does not make much sense to develop something, running inside the mobile device as if it is desktop app, to processing Dwg file.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost