Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. How to make installer from Class Library Project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
290 Views, 3 Replies

Reg. How to make installer from Class Library Project

Hi All, I have created one class library project using .NET API. So now I want to convert that project into the Setup project means I want to make installer for it. After that it installed, I want my plug in in the ribbon menu. So can anyone tell me how to do this ?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
quigs
in reply to: Anonymous

Haha,

Never has someone asked for so much with so little words.

1.  AutoCad 2013+ Has an automatic loader.  Or you can add a registry entry to start it up, or a script file from a desktop shortcut.

2.  If you want to distribute it as an installer package I use MSI Factory.  It's not free but it's very good and easy to use.

3.  I have found lots of ribbon getting started answers on here.  If you mean add it to the AutoCad Ribbon i am not sure, but do a search on here there are lots of good examples.

I'm sure my answers can be improved, but good luck.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 4 of 4
StephenPreston
in reply to: quigs

I second quigs's suggestion of using Autoloader if your deployment is for AutoCAD 2012+ (not 2013+, quigs :-)). Google for Autoloader for more info. Using this feature, you only have to copy files to the correct location - instead of writing a complicated installer that has to check the regsitry to determine which AutoCAD vertical/version/locale is present. Autloader can also automatically load a partial CUI for your application - very easy way to deploy your UI.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost