Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Models during a routine.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mhillis
322 Views, 1 Reply

Refreshing Models during a routine.

I'm having a small issue getting the model to draw under the transient graphics in 2013+ during a routine where I place labels. Starting in MEP 2013 and continuning to MEP 2015, you'll see in the attached screenshot that I have an object with transient graphics.  In 2012, the object would be drawn at this point under the transient graphics, thus allowing me to snap the leader of this label to the object using OSNAP.  However; in 2013+ the object in this case stops before the body is added to the centerline (as shown in the screenshot). So, without the object there under the transient graphic I'm unable to OSNAP to it.

I have noticed, that if I PAN (using Middle-Click + Dragging my Mouse) during label leader placement, this causes the object to be drawn under the transient graphic allowing me to snap my leader to it.  This leads me to believe that the PAN routine has some special refresh in it, that causes these graphics to regenerate when you pan.

I've tried a few things already, however; with no luck.

- I've tried programmatically panning before label placement by a small amount, to try and trigger this refresh. Using http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2012/12/zooming-panning-and-orbiting-...

- I have tried the various Refreshes I have been able to find.  Using Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor.Regen() / UpdateScreen() I've tried running these on the current document and db (if that last one makes sense)

- I've even tried FlushGraphics()/QueueforGraphicsFlush()

- We have even tried commiting the transaction at points and reopening it to make it draw, but unfortunately, no luck.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? Perhaps a particular refresh/regen I am missing? or perhaps what graphical modeling change might be causing this issue?

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: mhillis

hi,

It is tough suggest the solution/workaround from the information you have provided. So, can you please provide a reproducible buildable case with a sample drawing file?

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost