Did you mean: 

References for AutoCAD VB.net

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Ashny
976 Views, 1 Reply

References for AutoCAD VB.net

Hi

I am learning VB.net and want to create user form based automated project in AutoCAD vb.net for customising Autocad.For example, creating a drawing using user input form like the Windows Form application.In that case, I am using the following references: 

(i)acax18enu.tlb

(ii)axdb18enu.tlb

But in the internet tutorials, i find other and many more references used which are appropriate with command line based customisation of autocad drawings.

I want to know, which references are needed for me to go on with form based customisation.

Hope I get some help.

Thanks,

Ashny

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
norman.yuan
in reply to: Ashny

Since you are doing stand-alone EXE app to automate AutoCAD, the 2 references you mentioned in your post are all you need in terms of AutoCAD automation.

Although you post your question in this .NET forum, this forum is mainly for "in-process" AutoCAD .NET API topics, while your tpoic is COM API topic, even you use VB.NET. The other references topics and the "command line based customization" you may have come across in this forum probably are mostly for AutoCAD .NET API discussion, which does not apply to your application (COM API automation).

However, for your business need (creating drawing, beginning with from user entering data), a stand-alone EXE that automate AutoCAD may or may not be a best solution. You need to decide for your particular case.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost