Did you mean: 

Recover after a fatal error - Civil 3d 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
WyldeParnelle
408 Views, 2 Replies

Recover after a fatal error - Civil 3d 2012

What is the point of clicking on Recover if the file is ALWAYS invalid and can't be used or is it just my luck. Using 2012 Civil 3D (hopefully for not much longer). Whenever I get a fatal error, the option to create a recovery file pops and up and I always click yes. After I get kicked out and create the error report, I re-launch the program and in it's selection of files there is a Recovery File. It never opens and says the file is invalid. Am I doing something wrong? I have also tried using the command "Recover" and selecting that file but I still get "Unable to recover drawing file". The recovery file is always very small in size by comparison to the original.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hgasty1001
in reply to: WyldeParnelle

Hi,

Most probably your code is corrupting the database, that's why the crash and that's why the invalid file, show the code.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 3
tyronebk
in reply to: hgasty1001

I doubt this complaint has anything to do with custom programming and should probably have been created in the general Civil 3D discussion group. When Civil 3D crashes, which will be often for any moderately complex project, it rarely creates a valid recovery DWG, and when it does you should probably not trust that file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost