RealDWG export file to PDF or DWF?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rick_hgy
2703 Views, 6 Replies

RealDWG export file to PDF or DWF?

Dear All,

Does RealDWG support output DWG file to PDF or DWF format? We can't find those method in the RealDWG toolkits.

Thanks!

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
StephenPreston
in reply to: rick_hgy

Hi Rick,

The AutoCAD plot engine is used to create PDF and DWF output. RealDWG is for reading/writing the contents of a DWG file and doesn't contain any AutoCAD 'editor' functionality - no viewing, no plotting, not selection, etc, etc. Which means that you can't use RealDWG to create PDF and DWF output.

If you want plot output, you might consider licensing AutoCAD OEM instead, or you could try combining your RealDWG app with DWG Trueview which has a simple (albeit unsupported) COM API. Or you could use the DWF Toolkit to do your own translation to DWF - but that would be a huge amount of work for you.

By the way, if you're an ADN member, you're probably better submitting RealDWG questions through DevHelp Online on the ADN website. The userbase for RealDWG is relatively small (compared to AutoCAD), so I'm not sure you'll find many experts monitoring the forums.

Regards,

Stephen Preston

Autodesk Developer Network

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 7
norman.yuan

RealDwg is mainly for dealing with DWG file (e.g. manipulating data in drawing database) which is corresponding to setting refernce to acdbmgd.dll. Plotting, on the other hand, depneds on application that host a drawing database (DWG file), such as AutoCAD (e.g. setting reference to acmgd.dll), or your custom application that uses RealDwg.

So, plotting a drawing data to PDF/DWF is your development task, if you choose to use RealDwg, not AutoCAD. There may be third party components available that meet your need, though.

Message 4 of 7
rick_hgy
in reply to: StephenPreston

Thanks Stephen and norman! 

I will take a view about AutoCAD OEM.

Message 5 of 7
rick_hgy
in reply to: StephenPreston

Dear Stephen,

We dicide to use DWG Trueview for view/plot pdf, thanks for your suggestion.

now we find the Plot() in DWG Trueview ActiveX control, it's call and display the plot dialog. how to transfer the selection and input for this dialog by silent mode?

Another question, silentpublish() can publish a DWG file to PDF, how to set the default output format to PDF not DWF?

Thanks and My Regards,

Rick

Message 6 of 7
greenock1326

Can someone help us with this question?

"silentpublish() can publish a DWG file to PDF, how to set the default output format to PDF not DWF?"

The Silentpublish() won't print anything else then DWF. I need PDF's..

Changing the PC3 file has no effect.

axAcCtrl1.SetPc3File("DWG to PDF.PC3");

I saw in DWG Trueview 2013 the publish in background or plat in background does not work. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Message 7 of 7
rick_hgy
in reply to: greenock1326

Hi,

We developed a AutoCAD Batch Publish tools publish to Aspps Store, you can find it from apps.exchange.autodesk.com by find "HANNA" of AutoCAD product.

Also we provide by slident mode or by queue.

Regards,

Rik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost