Did you mean: 

readDwgFile causes a warning: "Cannot find dll or other file..."

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Millerni456
670 Views, 3 Replies

readDwgFile causes a warning: "Cannot find dll or other file..."

Hey everyone,

I have no clue what this error/warning message means or why I am receiving.

c:\program files\autodesk\autocad mechanical 2012\acadm\amg3dim.arx cannot find  a dll or other file that it needs.

This message appears in the AutoCAD Command line after executing this call in my .NET application:
database.ReadDwgFile(drawing.FullName, FileOpenMode.OpenForReadAndReadShare, false, "");

Since this deals with loading an external Dwg I'll go ahead and show you how I construct my Database object:
Database database = new Database(false, true);

Lastly,  I'd like to mention that the file I am loading is on my local drive ("C:") and it is not open by any other process when I call this method.
I do not recall always receiving this error when making this call, so I will be investigating why I just now am receiving it.  It may have something to do with accessing the MdiActiveDocumentEditor before making this call (seeing as that was the most recent change I made).

Anyways, If anyone could help me out with resolving this, it would be greatly appreciated.
There is no side-effect that I am noticing as a result of this error.

EDIT:  I commented out all of the new portions of code and retested.  I am still receiving the error, which leads me to believe I simply just didn't see it at first!

Thanks,
-Nicholas.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
artc2
in reply to: Millerni456

Do you get the same error message if you open the drawing file in Acad?

Message 3 of 4
Millerni456
in reply to: artc2

When I open a drawing normally, I am not presented this error message.

Message 4 of 4
fenton.webb
in reply to: Millerni456

I think something is different with the working directory, or your system paths, or the context which is why the arx can't find the dependencies, although it's strange that it's fine loading in normal AutoCAD... First thing is to check is that arx itself, load it up with depends.exe to see if actually reports the missing depencency - let me know what it says

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost