cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
kulfi
2934 Views, 7 Replies

RDS Symbol

When installing ObjectARX Wizard 2010 why it is asking me.

thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: kulfi
Message 3 of 8
StephenPreston

Its only the (C++) ObjectARX Wizards that make use of your RDS (the ,NET Wizard doesn't), but its good practice to prefix your DLL names, extended entity data names, commands, demandload registry entries, etc. with your RDS in .NET too. Read the ObjectARX Application Interoperability Guidelines (part of the ObjectARX documentation) for more information.

BTW As you're posting to the .NET forum, I'm assuming you're using .NET and not unmanaged C++. Therefore, I suggest you use the AutoCAD .NET Wizards posted to www.autodesk.com/developautocad rather than the ObjectARX Wixards.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 8

Hello, I asked Copilot and he told me that it is a unique identifier for each developer so I put my initials and he accepted me, I think I did the installation of 'ObjectARXWizard2024.msi' correctly since when creating a new project in Visual Studio 2022 and I search for the type of project and it gives me the options for 'ARX/DBX Project For AutoCAD 2024' and 'OMF Project For AutoCAD 2024'; What I'm still not clear about is if working with ObjectARX means that I will only work with C++ (I thought I could also work with C# and .NET)
hola yo pregunté a Copilot y me indicó que es un identificador único de cada desarrollador por lo que puse mis iniciales y me aceptó, creo que hice bien la instalación de 'ObjectARXWizard2024.msi' ya que al crear un nuevo proyecto en Visual Studio 2022 y busco el tipo de proyecto me da las opciones para 'ARX/DBX Project For AutoCAD 2024' y 'OMF Project For AutoCAD 2024'; lo que aún no tengo claro es si trabajar con ObjectARX significa que trabajaré unicamente con C++ (pensé podría también con C# y .NET)

Message 5 of 8
ActivistInvestor
in reply to: 08130182

The ARX Wizards are primarily for configuring C++ projects. You can develop in C#/.NET using AutoCAD alone without the ArxWinzards installed.

You just create a ClassLibrary project in Visual Studio, and add references to these files:

AcDbMgd.dll

AcMgd.dll

AcCoreMgd.dll

That's all that required to build a managed .NET extension.

Message 6 of 8

Yes, thank you, now my difficulty is that when creating a new Visual Studio 2022 project for ObjectARX it advances to the part that allows me to put the name of the project, the location, and select to 'place the solution and the project in the same directory', then I click on 'Create' and it stays there waiting for a while and nothing more happens, watching a YouTube video I would expect a new pop-up window to open which allows me to continue moving forward, I needed to configure something or install something additional do you know?

Si, gracias, ahora mi dificultad es en que al momento de crear un nuevo proyecto de Visual Studio 2022 para ObjectARX avanza hasta la parte que me permite poner el nombre del proyecto, la ubicaciónñ y selecconar para 'colocar la solución y el proyecto en el mismo directorio', luego le doy en 'Crear' y se queda allí esperando un rató y no pasa más , viendo un vídeo de youtube esperaría se abra una nueva ventana emergente la cual me permita seguir avanzando, me faltó configurar algo o instalar algo adicional saben?
Message 7 of 8
ActivistInvestor
in reply to: 08130182

You don't create a new Visual Studio project for ObjectARX.

Do not use the ObjectARX wizards. 

You just create a new empty C# ClassLibrary project, and start from there.

Message 8 of 8
Ed.Jobe

Hi @08130182  I don't think they have an installer for Managed .NET anymore. But you can do the same thing yourself. Follow the step-by-step tutorial here to set up VS for C# projects. You have to make sure that you download the SDK from here.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost