.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"System.Windows.Data Error: ## : BindingExpression path error...".?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
HEnnulat
4626 Views, 24 Replies

"System.Windows.Data Error: ## : BindingExpression path error...".?

How does one get rid of the "System.Windows.Data Error: 39 : BindingExpression path error: ......" type messages?

There are so many in my immediate window in Visual Studio 2008 using the AutoCAD plug-in template and doing the lab projects from Autodesk, that I would miss ligitimate errors.
Programs actually do run but these errors are annoying none the less.
There must be a way to get rid of these messages if they are actually handled by AutoCAD. (See the post titled "Cann't Get VB.Net to Work with AutoCAD 2010" for background info).

Attached is the entire list of BindingExpression errors I get.
A few representative ones are shown here:

System.Windows.Data Error: 39 : BindingExpression path error: 'QuickAccessToolBar' property not found on 'object' ''ComponentSettings' (HashCode=9521066)'. BindingExpression:Path=QuickAccessToolBar.Theme.CurrentBrush; DataItem='ComponentSettings' (HashCode=9521066); target element is 'Border' (Name='mQuickAccessToolBar'); target property is 'Background' (type 'Brush')

System.Windows.Data Error: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType='Autodesk.Windows.RibbonItemControl', AncestorLevel='1''. BindingExpression:Path=Size; DataItem=null; target element is 'TextBlockWithToolTip' (Name=''); target property is 'NoTarget' (type 'Object')

System.Windows.Media.Animation Warning: 6 : Unable to perform action because the specified Storyboard was never applied to this object for interactive control.; Action='Remove'; Storyboard='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; Storyboard.HashCode='55411339'; Storyboard.Type='System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard'; TargetElement='System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton Content: IsChecked:False'; TargetElement.HashCode='28940004'; TargetElement.Type='System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton'

System.Windows.Data Error: 5 : Value produced by BindingExpression is not valid for target property.; Value='NaN' BindingExpression:Path=Source.MinimumWidth; DataItem='ToolBarControl' (Name=''); target element is 'ToolBarControl' (Name=''); target property is 'MinWidth' (type 'Double')

System.Windows.Data Error: 2 : Cannot find governing FrameworkElement or FrameworkContentElement for target element. BindingExpression:Path=BackgroundEndColor; DataItem=null; target element is 'GradientStop' (HashCode=35008393); target property is 'Color' (type 'Color')
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
behing
in reply to: HEnnulat

Hi, HEnnulat, Have you fixed the error in your extension developing.
Message 22 of 25
JamieVJohnson2
in reply to: behing

Hello,

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 (2012, and 2011) all did the same thing.  I have accoremgd,acdbmgd,acmgd all set to Copy Local false, Embed Interop Types false, and Specific Version false.  My local window fills up with these errors, and I would like to know as well if there is a sure fire way to prevent it from doing so.

Thanks,

jvj

jvj
Message 23 of 25

Hi guys,

Hopefully this will help you - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/07/suppressing-databinding-error-messages-in-the-visual-s....

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 24 of 25

It's nice to know there is a way to stop the noise. Jamie V. Johnson
jvj
Message 25 of 25
aliaster022
in reply to: HEnnulat

our error message is:

• System.Windows.Data Error: 39 :
    • BindingExpression path error: 'ConfigurationModel' property not found on 'object' ''IncrementingTextBox' (Name='video_length_textbox')'.
    • BindingExpression:Path=ConfigurationModel.DontUseSensorLength;
  • DataItem='IncrementingTextBox' (Name='video_length_textbox');
  • target element is 'IncrementingTextBox' (Name='video_length_textbox');
  • target property is 'IsEnabled' (type 'Boolean')

This can be read from the bottom up as:

• The binding failing is the IsEnabled property of an element of type IncrementingTextBox (named video_length_textbox).

• The DataItem (DataContext) of the element is an object of type IncrementingTextBox named video_length_textbox

• The binding expression it is trying to find is ConfigurationModel.DontUseSensorLength

• And the problem the binding is having is that the ConfigurationModel property is not found on the data context object IncrementingTextBox

So your DataContext for "video_length_textbox" is set to itself, and your IncrementingTextBox class does not have a public property called ConfigurationModel

Since I don't see you setting the DataContext for your IncrementingTextBox anywhere in your XAML, check out the code for your IncrementingTextBox class. The most likely case is you are setting the DataContext to itself in either the Constructor

this.DataContext = this;

or the XAML

DataContext="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}} 

If all this stuff does not work out then you have to resort to third party software which provide fastest recovery of your data using the smartest algorithms.
To mention a few I would recommend SysInfoTools Windows Data Recovery Tool

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost