Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HelloWorld" unknown command

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Civbert
1025 Views, 1 Reply

"HelloWorld" unknown command

OK. I've gong through the Lab1 tutorial to create the HelloWorld program.

I'm working with AutoCAD 2008. My OS is Vista Ultimate Edition. I'm using Microsoft Visual C# 2008.

I've run BUILD on the HelloWorld program and there were no errors. I've run NETLOAD and loaded the .dll without incident. But when I try to run the HelloWorld command, I get an "unknown Command" error.

Later I installed the "Enhanced AutoCAD .NET Project Application Wizard" and created the HelloWorld project again. Now I can get the program to run in Debug mode. It opens AutoCAD and when I run HelloWorld from the command line, it prints "Hello World" just like it's supposed to. But when I try start a new AutoCAD session and try to NETLOAD the .dll and run the command HelloWorld, I still get the "unknown command" error.

Any ideas? Why won't the built .dll work?

And to top it off, I've lost a bunch of other commands in AutoCAD like all my "Layer II" toolbar commands and things like CUI. They all come back with the "unknown command" error. Could this be related?

Thanks for any help you can provide. What other information do you need?

Anthony Coletti
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
grandhougday
in reply to: Civbert

For All persons that face to this problem in their first step:

in the Visual studio in References for acdbmgd.dll and acmgd.dll, change their "Copy Local" properties to "False"

for more information Refer :http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Unknown-Commands/m-p/2616003/highlight/true#M17273

Regards Rise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost