Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming API for AutoCAD for Mac?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
norman.yuan
1531 Views, 2 Replies

Programming API for AutoCAD for Mac?

Perhaps some of you already know, AutoCAD 2011 for Mac is ready for pre-oder since September 1st, 2010.

Most people here, I assmue, would like to know what kind of API is available for Acad for Mac and if our pains-takingly learned Acad programmig skill can still be useful in that platform. Here is what the Acad for Mac Brochure has to say:

Customize Your Software

Embrace your originality—make AutoCAD for Mac work for you. It’s easy to configure settings and screen real estate, build custom workflows, develop your own applications, and use applications created by others. With AutoCAD for Mac, you get the power you need with the flexibility you want.

However, I cannot find any more detailed, meaningful information.

Most of us who worked with AutoCAD long enough would know trhat without significant customization and programming, it is hardly one can use AutoCAD efficiently enough. With VBA goes away, I'll guess LISP would be surely there for Acad for Mac, but .NET API? I doubt.

Any one has some information on this regard?

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: norman.yuan

I haven't seen anything, but one of the recent API surveys did include "preferred scripting languages".  So maybe for the first release it will be one of those with a more dedicated programming method later?

My question is how difficult it would be to port applications between the two OS's and whether it would be cost effective for third party developers to release products for both.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Jeffrey_H
in reply to: dgorsman

If you go to au.autodesk (autodesk university)

Here is the class description for Hammer for the 2010 Session.

Class Description

It's time. Time to port your AutoCAD® ObjectARX® and LISP code to a new operating system—the Apple Mac and AutoCAD SledgeHammer. This unconference class will allow you to get fully involved in the topic and discuss your specific issues with our Mac experts. If you think the Apple Mac is the way forward, then this class is for you.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost