Did you mean: 

Programmatically Exiting AutoCad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mgorecki
1326 Views, 6 Replies

Programmatically Exiting AutoCad

I'm trying to update an existing program so that people can run it in a batch mode kind of way.  I want the code to run, then when the drawing is complete, the program will save the drawing and then exit AutoCad.

Is there a way to do this?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mgorecki

Hi,

are you just starting a process with the Processes-functionality or did you use COM to start AutoCAD?

Show us how you are connected to AutoCAD as the answer might be different depending on how you opened AutoCAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
mgorecki
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello Alfred,

Here is the command we use:

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe" /b "C:\Support\PackageOutline\403142PO.scr"

It launches AutoCad and immediately executes a script file that launches either a Lisp program or a .Net program.  The script also feeds it info for the program to launch.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

ok, then - on the end of your script - use the _QUIT command

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7
mgorecki

Thanks, I tried that in a test script and it worked great.

In LiSP I was able to add the save command followed by the command to quit and it worked.  So there's no way it can be added to the end of a .NET program? 

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> So there's no way it can be added to the end of a .NET program?

I don't know what part of your program is dotNET now.
You start AutoCAD via batch file (at least I think so when looking to how you start AutoCAD). And you start AutoCAD with a script. Where is the part you have dotNET active?

If your AutoCAD script loads a dotNET-DLL then of course, you can quit the running application using SendCommand, or using COM-interface

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.IAcadApplication ==> .Quit

or using the managed part of the API

Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application ==> .Quit

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7
mgorecki

Alfred, thank you very much.  I'm goimng to go with the _quit in the script file.  That way regardless of which program (LiSP or .Net) that runs, the script will save and quit out of AutoCad without me having to update either of the programs.

Best regards,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost