.NET

Active Contributor
michael.collins2
Message 1 of 3 (353 Views)
Accepted Solution

Process mutiple drawing files with AutoCAD interface hidden

353 Views, 2 Replies
04-19-2013 08:01 AM

I am trying to create a C# program to do batch Title Block attribute updates on selected AutoCAD drawings.

What I would like to do is keep the AutoCAD interface hidden, and just display my custom form which would allow the user to select the drawings that they wish to process.

And then the custom program would load each drawing behind the scenes and update the Title Block attributes, but the AutoCAD interface would remain hidden.

Is something like this possible with AutoCAD 2010?  Are there any examples doing something like this (showing a custom form at startup, etc.)?

PS We do have newer versions of AutoCAD available if needed.  Our engineers use AutoCAD 2010, but we could use a newer version for this standalone tool which would only be used by 1 or 2 people.

michael.collins2 wrote:
... We do have newer versions of AutoCAD available if needed.  Our engineers use AutoCAD 2010, but we could use a newer version for this standalone tool which would only be used by 1 or 2 people...

AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 has AcCoreConsole - it can help you.

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: Process mutiple drawing files with AutoCAD interface hidden

04-19-2013 10:26 AM in reply to: michael.collins2

michael.collins2 wrote:
... We do have newer versions of AutoCAD available if needed.  Our engineers use AutoCAD 2010, but we could use a newer version for this standalone tool which would only be used by 1 or 2 people...

AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 has AcCoreConsole - it can help you.

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Active Contributor
michael.collins2
Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: Process mutiple drawing files with AutoCAD interface hidden

04-19-2013 11:18 AM in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thanks Alexander.  This looks like just the ticket.  I am downloading AutoCAD 2014 right now :-).

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.