Did you mean: 

Problems with FileDependencyManager and FileDependencyInfo

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Ed.Jobe
805 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with FileDependencyManager and FileDependencyInfo

I was researching the FileDependencyManager object. There is no information online about it and the arx sdk is pretty silent on it. The arxref.chm tells how to initialize the iterator, but the iteratorNext method only returns an int, not an objectID. I see that there is also a FileDependencyInfo object, but there are no instructions on how to initialize one. The manager doesn't inherit from IEnumerable so I don't think I can use foreach, especially when there already is an iterator.

The arx AcFileDependencyManagerclass has a getEntry method, but the mgd wrapper class does not.

I looked at MgdDbg and it shows a FileDependencyManager object, but no FileDepenencyInfo objects. The viewer only displays the Count and Index properties. I was expecting something like the References to line for other objects that points to an ObjectIdCollection. I looked at the code for that project and it contains some lines to gather info on a FileDependencyInfo object, but they never get executed.

Also, help makes this statement for the IteratorInitialize method: "Calling this function with no arguments initializes an iterator that returns every entry in the list". However, when I try it, I get a compile error. Arguments are required. I'm using 2010 and 2010 sdk, so maybe its fixe in later versions. Can anyone shed some light?

Ed

EESignature

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

FYI, Stephen Preston logged this as a bug.

Ed

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost