Did you mean: 

Problem with Focus on Combo Box of PropertyGrid within PaletteSet if Docked

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Vignesh_CPT
337 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with Focus on Combo Box of PropertyGrid within PaletteSet if Docked

Hi,

I am facing a problem with Property Palette. I am adding few Combo Boxes within a Property Grid, and assign the Property Grid to a Palette Set. If the palette is undocked, then there is no issues. But, if the palette is docked, then if i try to use the combo box within Grid, then it is not getting focussed properly, so that i cannot pick an option within combo box. Is there any solution or work around to solve the problem of Property Grid DropDown controls inaccessibility when the PaletteSet is Docked.

I faced the same problem, when adding the DevExpress Controls. but, i got a work around for that case by just keeping the focus of the PaletteSet to true (PaletteSet.KeepFocus = True). It solves the problem temporarily. Still it is just a work around.

Even, the same workaround is not working for the PropertyGrid. Could anyone provide a solution for this problem?

Thanking you in Advance

Regards,

Vignesh. S

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Vignesh_CPT

I had this problem quit alot. The simplest fix is to handle the events for mouse enter and mouse leave on each combo box. So I created this simple routine:

Private Sub ComboBoxMouseEnter(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles _

cbxActiveLevel.MouseEnter, cbxCurrentScheme.MouseEnter, cbxDepartmentMode.MouseEnter, cbxExposure.MouseEnter, _

cbxKz.MouseEnter, cbxMethod.MouseEnter, cbxAltHDCapacity.MouseEnter

Try

objPaletteSet.KeepFocus = True

Catch ex As Exception

HandleError(ex)

End Try

End Sub

Private Sub ComboBoxMouseLeave(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles _

cbxActiveLevel.MouseLeave, cbxCurrentScheme.MouseLeave, cbxDepartmentMode.MouseLeave, cbxExposure.MouseLeave, _

cbxKz.MouseLeave, cbxMethod.MouseLeave, cbxAltHDCapacity.MouseLeave

Try

objPaletteSet.KeepFocus = False

Catch ex As Exception

HandleError(ex)

End Try

End Sub

seeing how it works, you also could wrap the combo box with these events and keep using that custom combo box. I also think that AutoDesk as created a wrapped combo box as well inside of the managed dll.

Later,

jvj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost