Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing arx wizard for 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ed.Jobe
1318 Views, 4 Replies

Problem installing arx wizard for 2013

Has anyone gotten the 2013 ObjectArx wizard to install for C# Express? I don't get any errors and it installs to Program Files, but nothing shows up in C#.

Ed

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Hi

Please install the AutoCAD .NET Wizards if you wish to work with C#
You can find the .NET wizard @ http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=1911627&siteID=123112

Or install from http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_2013_dotnet_wizards.zip

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
Ed.Jobe

I think it is safe to assume that if I state that I'm having a problem installing the arx wizard, that I have already downloaded it from the link you provided.

Please reread the title and my previous post.

After installing, I expect that when I click on New Project, that there would be a template for acad.

Ed

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Virupaksha_aithal

Sorry, but I feel you have installed ObjectARX wizard which is for C++ development. But you said you have installed C# express and hence I requested you to download the .NET wizard which is separate then ObjectARX wizard.
Let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

I'm sorry, it was my fault. I did say arx when I meant to say NET. I guess that comes from the fact that I get used to referring to the ObjectArx SDK because it also contains the .NET stuff. However, talking about downloading has given me another troubleshooting idea. I think I will try dowloading it again to make sure the file I downloaded is good.

Thanks,

Ed

Update: This time, I wanted to try installing it myself before asking IT to run it under admin privelges. I did get an error this time. It says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to be complete could not be run."  Is it trying to run the VS ide and can't find my express ide?

Update 2: I still don't know what program it was trying to run, but the wizards did get installed in vb and c# and they work. So, I'm happy. Thanks.

Ed

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost