Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preview AutoCad Map query

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
murali.pandey
494 Views, 3 Replies

preview AutoCad Map query

how can I  query autocad map data in preview mode,and store these objects in a collection by using C#.

(I want to use simple query like all lwpolyline having layer = "test" and color = 3). If I run this query in draw mode multiple times what will happen? (means possibilty of duplicate objects??)

Thanks

Murali

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

do you need any Map3D functionality like re-projection depending on different geo-coord-systems or something like saveback?

If not I had much more luck replace the Map-query-functionality by my own routine, just

• open the external database(s)
  • get the modelspace-blocktablerecord
  • scan it to get the objectid's matching the ObjectClass (DxfName of the Objecttype), if the objecttype is correct you can then check the other properties you want to compare
  • does the object match, collect it by saving handle and drawing-filename into an own list.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

I have to use map query only to show(preview) the quried data into the current drawing and do not want to do any type of editing in quried dwg. Before it I have to set the coordinate system say XYZ of the curent dwg.

Thanks

Murali

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> I have to use map query only to show(preview) the quried data into the current drawing

E.g. use WorlDraw (or at least JIG without mouse-move-following) then, it's just a preview and not the adding to the database then.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost