Did you mean: 

Polyline2d contain a string

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HelloWorlddd
486 Views, 3 Replies

Polyline2d contain a string

It's very interesting, I saw someone list all the information of a polyline2d with a command, which has one of my interest is a string that indicates something for the polyline2d, but I did not find such a property  from Polyine2d class.

In fact, such as the following picture

Picture.PNG

I have two questions,
1, how to list all information on a Polyine2d object, I think there will exsit such a default AutoCAD command, but it's not the LIST, this command can't list the string which I want, It just list a few informatin about the selected polyline2d and it doesn't contain the string I want, I need another command.

2, how to use C #  get the string "PIPE 114 STD 106B", some sample code will be great.

Attachment has a drawing which contain the Polyline2d that show in the picture.

Any help much appreciated, very thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

if not activated the load Expresstools, if loaded then start command _XDLIST and select that polyline, you'll find there the information stored within the EED (Extended Entity Data) on the polyline. There are much more infos than just this text, so that was not written manuelly using expresstools, it's an application that stores infos about the object, and also some topological infomations about that pipe (assumption).

To get access to that type of data with .net is available a lot in www >>>click<<<.

Goos luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your help, I can view some information by execute_xdlist and select one polyline2d entity, I can understand they are Xdata of an AutoCAD entity Object.

Below is some information of this polyline2d entity.

* Registered Application Name: BOMBIND
* Code 1002, Starting or ending brace: {
* Code 1000, ASCII string:
* Code 1000, ASCII string: 3
* Code 1000, ASCII string: 0.216
* Code 1000, ASCII string: STD
* Code 1000, ASCII string: SMLS
* Code 1000, ASCII string: SA-106-B
* Code 1011, 3D World space position: (135.0157 126.6120 0.0000)
* Code 1002, Starting or ending brace: }

I am concern about is how to use C #  get the string "3",STD","SMLS","SA-106-B", can you give me  a sample code. I think it's will be a better way for me.
Best wishes for you.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Look to the help >>>here<<<. It shows how to write and how to read EED/XDATA for entities.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost