.NET

rajputabhijit
Message 1 of 2 (550 Views)

Plotting to a PDF file with a custom page size using .NET API

550 Views, 1 Replies
06-26-2012 11:08 AM

I have AutoCAD 2007 on my machine.I have made a dll using AutoCAD.NET API which does the task of plotting a DWG harness drawing to a pdf file.I specify the device name and the page size to be plotted in a AutoCAD.NET method SetPlotConfigurationName(ps,"DWG To PDF.pc3",papersize).It works fine as long as I keep on giving default paper sizes.But, when I create a custom paper size using the plot configuration editor which in turn produces a new .pc3 file and when I include the same as the device name in the above mentioned method,it does not work.It throws an exception as eInvalidInput.kindly suggest me some solution on this.

Mentor
JamieVJohnson2
Message 2 of 2 (512 Views)

Re: Plotting to a PDF file with a custom page size using .NET API

07-12-2012 04:21 PM in reply to: rajputabhijit

Don't create the custom paper dynamically.  Pre create it.  Then with some code, read the paper sizes within the PC3 file, you'll find that it's name is goofy like a serial number.  that's what you have to code too.  I discovered this with HP printers and custom papersizes.

jvj

jvj
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!