Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeobjects, tooltips, and xrefs.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Keith.Brown
357 Views, 2 Replies

Pipeobjects, tooltips, and xrefs.

I have created code for displaying information in Autocad MEP in the tooltips for a pipeobject.  To be clear, this is the tooltip that appears when you hover over a entity.  The tooltip appears to be working as intended when I am in the drawing with the actual entity.  In this case, it is an Autocad MEP pipe object.  When I hover over pipeobjects that are in xref drawings, the tooltip doesnt work anymore and it shows the out of the box tooltips.

I am checking to see if the entity under the aperature is a pipe with the following line of code:

If (ent.GetType.Name.ToString = Autodesk.Aec.Building.DatabaseServices.Type.Pipe.ToString) Then

So my first guess would be that the xref pipe isnt in the current database which is why the code isnt working.  So how would find the type of entity under the aperature that doesnt care if it is in the current dwg or is a xref?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Maybe check if it is a BlockReference and if its BlockTableRecord IsFromExternalReference

then check nested entity

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jeff

Just making sure I understand you correctly.  So, in addition, to checking if there is a pipe under the cursor, i should check and see if it is a xref by checking to see if it is a block reference that has a block table record equal to isfromexternalreference and then check to see if it is a pipe as a nested enitity?

What if i just temporarily continually write to the command line what is under the cursor?  That should give me an idea of what to look for?  ok, i did this and stupid me, it just said block reference.  Pretty much as you said it would.  I will investigate further and see how much farther I get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost