Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistant Paletteset Location

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mpalan
2811 Views, 7 Replies

Persistant Paletteset Location

I have been trying to get my paletteset to remember it's closed location but cannot.  I have tried using a ststic GUD when starting the Paletteset:

Dim MYGuid As Guid = New Guid("DC218198-EFDE-4802-AF55-C9613342F7A4")

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet(String.Format("Rapid Layer", MYGuid))

I have tried saving the location value to the registry from the Close event of the palette, and then restoring it in the Command function.

I have also tried using the App settings to save and restore this value. Can someone help me out Please?

How can I get the Paletteset to remember it's last location?

Thanks

Matthew

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: mpalan

Not sure if VB.NET works the same as C# for this, but in my C# applications this format works:

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("Rapid Layer", MYGuid)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
Irvin

Hi there,

Here's my pallet creation code:

System.Windows.Forms.UserControl Control = PalletControl;
            Pallet.Add("51F835F4-5369-43FA-B6E0-A8447DED66D1", Control);
            Pallet.MinimumSize = new System.Drawing.Size(300, 500);
            Pallet.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(507, 600);
            Pallet.StateChanged += new PaletteSetStateEventHandler(Pallet_StateChanged);
            Pallet.Location = new System.Windows.Point(X, y);

Please look at the last line. Here i set te position of the Palletset. But there is a getter aswell.

System.Windows.Forms.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

IMHO it will be saved by AutoCAD's WORKSPACE!

Open your palette, start command _WORKSPACE, save the workspace and the next time you start AutoCAD plus your application/palette the position should be where you left it.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
mpalan

Saving the workspace works If I leave the palette where it is.  If I move the palete, close it, and then would like it to open where I left it, I need to save the the location out somewhere. 

I found that I needed to subtract 1,000 from the DeviceIndependentLocation.y.  ??

Thanks for your help.

Matthew

Public Sub PaletteCommand()
    Dim MyPalette As MyLayerPalette = New MyLayerPalette()
    ' recover the location from the registry
    Dim RegPLoca() As String = regapp.GetLocation("Rapid Layer").Split(",")
    Dim PLoca As New Point

If SystemInformation.VirtualScreen.Width < RegPLoca.First Then
        PLoca.X = 200
    Else
        PLoca.X = CInt(RegPLoca.First)
    End If
    If SystemInformation.VirtualScreen.Height < RegPLoca.Last Then
        PLoca.Y = 200
    Else
        PLoca.Y = CInt(RegPLoca.Last)
    End If
    M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("Rapid Layer", MYGuid)
    M_ps.Add(MYGuid.ToString, MyPalette)
    M_ps.Visible = True
    M_ps.MinimumSize = New System.Drawing.Size(340, 140)
    M_ps.DockEnabled = Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.DockSides.None
    M_ps.Location() = PLoca
    AddHandler M_ps.StateChanged, AddressOf Palette_Close
End Sub

Public Sub Palette_Close(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 'Handles M_ps.StateChanged
    RapidLayer.RapidLayerApp.regapp.SaveFormLocation(M_ps.Text, M_ps.DeviceIndependentLocation.X.ToString + "," & _
                                                             + (M_ps.DeviceIndependentLocation.Y - 1000).ToString)
    RemoveHandler M_ps.StateChanged, AddressOf Palette_Close

End Sub

Message 6 of 8
Rob.O

Not sure if it helps, but this works for me...

myPaletteSet = New PaletteSet("Name", New Guid("C2C52873-B1D8-4D40-99F6-6ECEB4D932CC"))

Message 7 of 8
Rob.O
in reply to: Rob.O

Forgot to add...

Check out the "Restore Users Settings" section in the attached PDF from Mike Tuersley's AU class.  I think it has everything you need to save the palette set settings.

Hope it helps!

Message 8 of 8
norman.yuan

If you create your own custom PaletteSet, AutoCAD can either remember its last size/location (when the PaleteSet has its identification supplied - a GUID), or AutoCAD do not remember its size/location at all (when there is no GUID id is provided).

Replies from Jeff_M and Dull_Blades clearly showed you how it is done: in the constructor, you supply a string value as name and a GUID as its id. Then AutoCAD will take care of persisting its location/size when the PaletteSet is closed.

However your 2 code sample showed here all are not supplying the GUID id, thus, AutoCAd does not remember your PaletteSet's size/location, so you are trying to reinvent a wheel here.

In your first post, you create your PaletteSet this way:

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet(String.Format(​"Rapid Layer", MYGuid))

What does String.Format("XXXX", MyGuid) do is a mystry to me. But I am sure it would only produce a string value, at most.

So, it is like you do

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("xxxxxx").

That is, not GUID id is supplied. That is why Acad does not remember PaletteSet size/location for you.

So, as long as you use the same GUID correctly in the PaletteSet constructior, AutoCAD will recall its previous location/size. You do not painstakingly to try implement your own saving/calling code at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost