Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistant Paletteset Location

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mpalan
2822 Views, 7 Replies

Persistant Paletteset Location

I have been trying to get my paletteset to remember it's closed location but cannot.  I have tried using a ststic GUD when starting the Paletteset:

Dim MYGuid As Guid = New Guid("DC218198-EFDE-4802-AF55-C9613342F7A4")

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet(String.Format("Rapid Layer", MYGuid))

I have tried saving the location value to the registry from the Close event of the palette, and then restoring it in the Command function.

I have also tried using the App settings to save and restore this value. Can someone help me out Please?

How can I get the Paletteset to remember it's last location?

Thanks

Matthew

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: mpalan

Not sure if VB.NET works the same as C# for this, but in my C# applications this format works:

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("Rapid Layer", MYGuid)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
Irvin

Hi there,

Here's my pallet creation code:

System.Windows.Forms.UserControl Control = PalletControl;
            Pallet.Add("51F835F4-5369-43FA-B6E0-A8447DED66D1", Control);
            Pallet.MinimumSize = new System.Drawing.Size(300, 500);
            Pallet.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(507, 600);
            Pallet.StateChanged += new PaletteSetStateEventHandler(Pallet_StateChanged);
            Pallet.Location = new System.Windows.Point(X, y);

Please look at the last line. Here i set te position of the Palletset. But there is a getter aswell.

System.Windows.Forms.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

IMHO it will be saved by AutoCAD's WORKSPACE!

Open your palette, start command _WORKSPACE, save the workspace and the next time you start AutoCAD plus your application/palette the position should be where you left it.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
mpalan

Saving the workspace works If I leave the palette where it is.  If I move the palete, close it, and then would like it to open where I left it, I need to save the the location out somewhere. 

I found that I needed to subtract 1,000 from the DeviceIndependentLocation.y.  ??

Thanks for your help.

Matthew

Public Sub PaletteCommand()
    Dim MyPalette As MyLayerPalette = New MyLayerPalette()
    ' recover the location from the registry
    Dim RegPLoca() As String = regapp.GetLocation("Rapid Layer").Split(",")
    Dim PLoca As New Point

If SystemInformation.VirtualScreen.Width < RegPLoca.First Then
        PLoca.X = 200
    Else
        PLoca.X = CInt(RegPLoca.First)
    End If
    If SystemInformation.VirtualScreen.Height < RegPLoca.Last Then
        PLoca.Y = 200
    Else
        PLoca.Y = CInt(RegPLoca.Last)
    End If
    M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("Rapid Layer", MYGuid)
    M_ps.Add(MYGuid.ToString, MyPalette)
    M_ps.Visible = True
    M_ps.MinimumSize = New System.Drawing.Size(340, 140)
    M_ps.DockEnabled = Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.DockSides.None
    M_ps.Location() = PLoca
    AddHandler M_ps.StateChanged, AddressOf Palette_Close
End Sub

Public Sub Palette_Close(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 'Handles M_ps.StateChanged
    RapidLayer.RapidLayerApp.regapp.SaveFormLocation(M_ps.Text, M_ps.DeviceIndependentLocation.X.ToString + "," & _
                                                             + (M_ps.DeviceIndependentLocation.Y - 1000).ToString)
    RemoveHandler M_ps.StateChanged, AddressOf Palette_Close

End Sub

Message 6 of 8
Rob.O

Not sure if it helps, but this works for me...

myPaletteSet = New PaletteSet("Name", New Guid("C2C52873-B1D8-4D40-99F6-6ECEB4D932CC"))

Message 7 of 8
Rob.O
in reply to: Rob.O

Forgot to add...

Check out the "Restore Users Settings" section in the attached PDF from Mike Tuersley's AU class.  I think it has everything you need to save the palette set settings.

Hope it helps!

Message 8 of 8
norman.yuan

If you create your own custom PaletteSet, AutoCAD can either remember its last size/location (when the PaleteSet has its identification supplied - a GUID), or AutoCAD do not remember its size/location at all (when there is no GUID id is provided).

Replies from Jeff_M and Dull_Blades clearly showed you how it is done: in the constructor, you supply a string value as name and a GUID as its id. Then AutoCAD will take care of persisting its location/size when the PaletteSet is closed.

However your 2 code sample showed here all are not supplying the GUID id, thus, AutoCAd does not remember your PaletteSet's size/location, so you are trying to reinvent a wheel here.

In your first post, you create your PaletteSet this way:

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet(String.Format(​"Rapid Layer", MYGuid))

What does String.Format("XXXX", MyGuid) do is a mystry to me. But I am sure it would only produce a string value, at most.

So, it is like you do

M_ps = New Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.PaletteSet("xxxxxx").

That is, not GUID id is supplied. That is why Acad does not remember PaletteSet size/location for you.

So, as long as you use the same GUID correctly in the PaletteSet constructior, AutoCAD will recall its previous location/size. You do not painstakingly to try implement your own saving/calling code at all.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost