Parametric Constraints

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
amitnkukanur
738 Views, 4 Replies

Parametric Constraints

Hello All,

Currently i am doing a customization in Autocad which is related to parametric dimensions. 

What i am trying to do is to fetch all the dimensions of Parametric dimension and display in Custom Window form, so that when ever the user wants to change the dimension user can change from this form which we design. 

Earlier i had done in dynamic block, but i am afraid that might not be accepted. 

Any ideas on how to access Parametric dimension and display in combobox and if user changes it shud get reflected in drawing.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Is this blog post helpful? - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2013/02/retrieving-dimensional-constraints-and-their-associati...

Search the same blog for 'philippe constraints' for some other posts by Philippe on this topic.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for providing solution, this blog helped in major way to solve issue.

Thanks for providing solution.

rgds
Amit
Senior Software Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Greek2Me
in reply to: amitnkukanur

I need to take this example a bit further...

I have created a dynamic block of a window that has two visibility states, elevation and plan.  I have coupled a block table with dimensional constraints so that a single click essentially redraws both views of a complex window, no matter which is state selected.  But I have one hitch...

Both views utilize a wipeout so that a block inserted over a floor plan or elevation automatically hides the wall or siding behind it.  (This saves much work reconnecting lines when the window is inevitably relocated.) Originally, I resized my windows with a stretch parameter, and the wipeout stretched along with the window geometry. But now that I'm using the more advanced method to assign specific dimensions I've not found a way to assign a dimensional constraint to a wipeout. The window is redrawn perfectly, but the wipeout remains constant, which is unacceptable.

Is anyone aware of a way to use dimensional constraints on something that isn't a true entity, at least in the geometric sense? This would be a truly awesome block if I can figure out this last feature.

Maranatha

RMc

"Always remember: nothing difficult is ever easy."
Message 5 of 5
amitnkukanur
in reply to: amitnkukanur

I didn't get you.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost