Did you mean: 

Overuled blocks appear darker.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
quigs
1094 Views, 11 Replies

Overuled blocks appear darker.

Hi there,

In some of our polyline overrules we have blocks, the problem is that those blocks are coming in at a darker colour.  It's as if  they are permanently selected.  Has anyone come across this before?

Thank you,

Maritn.

My name is Martin.. 😄
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DiningPhilosopher
in reply to: quigs

You might want to rephrase your question because it's vague.

What are you doing, with blocks and overrules ?  

Message 3 of 12
quigs
in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

Ok, I will try and be more descreiptive.

We have a function that applies an Overrule to 2dPolyLine.  The overrule consists of Blocks in the shape of a triangle that are copied along the polyline at a selected distance.  The colour of the triangles is the issue.  Basically we set the triangle block to colour index 2 (yellow), but it displays at a darker yellow.  And that applies for nay colour.  If you move the polyline the blocks colour appears correct, then when you set it back down it goes back to being dark.

Thanks,

Martin.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 4 of 12
quigs

I'm just wondering if this is a bug in the worlddraw?  We can't seem to find a solution apart from darken all the other stuff to match the miss coloured block.  Very frustrating.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 5 of 12
DiningPhilosopher

Sorry, still really not enough to diagnose the problem, which is probably in your WorldDraw() implementation. 

Message 6 of 12
quigs
in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

It is the worlddraw we have overridden, but why would  a block reference in the worlddraw of an overrule be darker?

I have a feeling it's something to do with the fact that it thinks it's being moved even when it's not.

Ta,

Martin.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 7 of 12
quigs

We have just ran more tests.  The bug shws up in 2011 & 2012.  BUt the same code ran in 2010 works fine, with no discoloration.  I have attached a sample project.

Regards.

Maritn.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 8 of 12
quigs

Oops,

here it is.

PS: Make sure to open the drawing first so the block is loaded into the drawing.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 9 of 12
quigs

Hi there Balaji,

were you able to re-create the problem were having?

Regards,

Maritn.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 10 of 12
Balaji_Ram

Hi Martin,

Sorry, your post seemed to indicate that you had resolved it 🙂

If you still have this issue, let me know and I will try it out right away.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 11 of 12
quigs
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Hi there, Yes we still have the issue. The block shows OK in 2010, but not in any other version. Regards, Martin.
My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 12 of 12
Balaji_Ram

Hello Martin,

I could reproduce the behavior in AutoCAD 2013.

While the color was darker when the Visual Style was "2d Wireframe", the color seemed proper yellow with Visual Style set to any other style, for ex : Realistic.

I am not too sure about the reason for this difference but I have come across such differences in the way the graphics is rendered with visual styles. This could be due to the different graphics engine used by AutoCAD for 2d and 3d graphics.

Here is a workaround that you can try and which worked for me :

Instead of "wd.Geometry.Draw(BlkRec)", you can try replacing it with "BlkRec.Drawable.WorldDraw(wd)"

Hope this helps.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost