.NET

Active Contributor
naresh
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)

Opening Autocad As Child Form

77 Views, 3 Replies
06-25-2006 09:27 PM
Is it possible to open the drawing as child form through c# or VB.net if yes please tell me how ??? Actually I don't want to open the AutoCAD session as different application I wanted it to be open under our application How???
Valued Contributor
smcclure
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

Re: Opening Autocad As Child Form

06-26-2006 06:31 AM in reply to: naresh
In .NET AutoCAD extensions, your application must be loaded by AutoCAD. I would suggest using AutoCAD's MDI functionality and extending AutoCAD instead - use AutoCAD's windows and build functionality with toolbars, etc.

If this cannot be done, it may be possible to create something similar to what you want with RealDWG, which will provide a programmatic API for modifying, loading, and saving DWG files. This code is only available through a license with AutoDesk, though, and I believe it is costly as well.
Active Contributor
naresh
Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)

06-26-2006 09:13 PM in reply to: naresh
Hi smcclure
If this is possible in VB 6 then why its not possible in .net
Actually I done it in VB but I am just started the code in C#.net
I have opened the AutoCAD in my application as a child form but now I am not getting ho to hide the caption of AutoCAD window
Valued Contributor
smcclure
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)

06-27-2006 05:45 AM in reply to: naresh
Are you using the ActiveX API? What version of AutoCAD are you using? Can you post the relevant code you are having trouble with?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.