Did you mean: 

New to .NET customisation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
santoshbmasal
561 Views, 6 Replies

New to .NET customisation

Hi All,

I am very new to .NET as of now. And I want to learn Customisation of AutoCad using C#.NET...

I knowAutoCad very well...And I am interested in Customising it.

Plz guide me how to proceed....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

First of all:

http://www.autodesk.com/developautocad

http://www.autodesk.com/myfirstautocadplugin

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 7

Programming AutoCAD using the managed ObjectARX API is fairly complicated, and not something that is easy for someone that has never used one of the supported programming languages.

You should probably plan on spending about 2-3 months focusing on the programming language (C# if that's your choice), and the .NET framwork, without even going near AutoCAD (IMO, just forget about the 'My First PlugIn' thing, unless you want to be scared out of the whole thing - it is centered on a sample that involves one of the most difficult and complicated APIs and attempts to use that as a learning vehicle, but doesn't accomlish much other than to totally-confuse a beginner). My First Plugin essentialy amounts to putting the cart in front of the horse.

Learning the programming language and the .NET framwork are prerequisites to learning AutoCAD development, so you should really start by visiting MSDN, and other resources that focus on learning to use the those tools FIRST, without the added confusion of a very complicated AutoCAD NET API to make things even more difficult.

Message 4 of 7
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: santoshbmasal

Would like to add to resources that Alex and DP have already provided :

Here are some recordings that can help :

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/07/autocad-net-training-devtv-do...

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 7
CADbloke
in reply to: santoshbmasal

Have a look at the posts in ".NET Getting Started" at http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=32381.0 

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 6 of 7

@DiningPhilosopher wrote:

Programming AutoCAD using the managed ObjectARX API is fairly complicated, and not something that is easy for someone that has never used one of the supported programming languages.

You should probably plan on spending about 2-3 months focusing on the programming language (C# if that's your choice), and the .NET framwork, without even going near AutoCAD (IMO, just forget about the 'My First PlugIn' thing, unless you want to be scared out of the whole thing - it is centered on a sample that involves one of the most difficult and complicated APIs and attempts to use that as a learning vehicle, but doesn't accomlish much other than to totally-confuse a beginner). My First Plugin essentialy amounts to putting the cart in front of the horse.

Learning the programming language and the .NET framwork are prerequisites to learning AutoCAD development, so you should really start by visiting MSDN, and other resources that focus on learning to use the those tools FIRST, without the added confusion of a very complicated AutoCAD NET API to make things even more difficult.

... Advice I could have used well before the 'My First Plug-in' material was published.

I learned this the hard way poking around in Visual Studio Express, despite the great deal of help provided me by others adept at the AutoCAD .NET API... I am only now (after +/-1 year of learning in my spare time here and there) going back to the beginning to focus on fundamentals of development. with .NET framework.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 7 of 7
santoshbmasal
in reply to: BlackBox_

Thnx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost