.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to AutoCAD development, have some questions about blocks and attributes...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Nefarius
281 Views, 1 Reply

New to AutoCAD development, have some questions about blocks and attributes...

Hi, All!

I am brand new to AutoCAD and AC development (2nd day, actually).

I have an issue in setting attributes of a block.  I would like for the user to select a block in a drawing, pop-up my dialog box (interfaces to a remote database of components) and after selecting the component from a grid, have a context menu (or something) submit the selected component to my loaded .NET application which stuffs some attributes of the block with data retrieved from the remote database.

This action does not change global attributes but only the values for that one block in the drawing.  How do I do this?  So far, I have successfully loaded my .NET application that fetches the info from the remote database.  I just cannot figure out how to detect the selected block and submit it to the .NET app.  I don't want to prompt the user for anything via the command line.  The action should be 1) select block, 2) popup-context menu, 3) stuff attributes with data.  That simple.

Any help would be very much appreciated.  If you can point me to additional resources as well, I would be very much obliged.

This looks like a great forum!

Ken

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
StephenPreston
in reply to: Nefarius

If you're new to AutoCAD .NET development, I recommend you look at the resources available on the AutoCAD Developer Center. In particualr, our AutoCAD .NET training labs and accompanying videos will provide most (if not all) of the information/code you need to achieve what you want; and will give you a solid foundation to work from.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost