Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New AutoCAD .NET Wizards posted to AutoCAD Developer Center

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StephenPreston
1308 Views, 5 Replies

New AutoCAD .NET Wizards posted to AutoCAD Developer Center

An updated version of the AutoCAD .NET Wizards is now live on www.autodesk.com/developautocad. The updated version allows you to specify the location of acad.exe so the Wizard can automatically setup the projectto launch AutoCAD from the debugger. That enhancement is mainly aimed at users of VS Express, which doesn't allow this to be setup via the UI (you previously had to edit the project files manually).

Other than that, it does what it always did.

There's a small screencast included with the download expling the basics of using it.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JasonSelf
in reply to: StephenPreston

This is awesome for anyone using VS Express!

If I could make a suggestion?  The wizard defaults to a WPF Class Library, It might be nice to have the option to either use Windows Forms, Class Library or WPF.

Message 3 of 6
cean_au
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi,

I am playing with this wizard. If I want to output a "Hello World", where should I put it and how?

I thought it is here in MyCommand.vb:

Namespace AutoCAD_VB_plug_in1

Public Class MyCommands

<CommandMethod("MyGroup", "MyCommand", "MyCommandLocal", CommandFlags.Modal)> _
        Public Sub MyCommand() ' This method can have any name
            ' Put your command code here

End Sub

but don't know how?It's different from dll which need to netload.

Thanks in advance

Cean

Message 4 of 6
cean_au
in reply to: cean_au

I create the "MyCommand" command to output a message "Hello my World!" like this:

in MyCommand.vb:

Namespace AutoCAD_VB_plug_in1

Public Class MyCommands

<CommandMethod("MyGroup", "MyCommand", "MyCommandLocal", CommandFlags.Modal)> _
        Public Sub MyCommand() ' This method can have any name
            ' Put your command code here
           Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.WriteMessage(vbNewLine + "Hello my World!" + vbNewLine)
        End Sub

I built it into DLL and NetLoaded into AutoCAD, typed in "MyCommand", it is working. But when I quit AutoCAD and restarted, I can't run MyCommand anymore.

I run other plugins I downloaded from net, they could be remember after NetLoad.

WHat I have done wrong?

Message 5 of 6
cean_au

releasized the dll need to be demand_loaded.

Just wondering why this wizard don't have a demand_loading.vb included? Or there is another wizard to use for demand_loading?

Thx

Message 6 of 6
JasonSelf

you can either load it by invoking netload in lisp, or (and this is what I normaly do) there is a registry key for autoloading into autocad, you can find more info by searching the forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost