Did you mean: 

Netload not loading the dll

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jithin.dcs
1883 Views, 6 Replies

Netload not loading the dll

hi,

i have a set of C# .net dlls (.net 3.5) which i used to load automatically in Autocad 2010. Everything was working perfectly but suddenly one fine day one of the dll stopped loading. So i tried loading it using netload command but doesnt work. Its not showing any messages after netloading and when i type commands of that dll it says unknown command. I tried putting a message box in the initialize of the dll but that message also not showing up.

what could be the problem. please anyone can helpout.

thanks in advance

Jithin Shyam S

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
quigs
in reply to: jithin.dcs

Hi,

with no code it's impossible to give you an answer, but if things suddenly stop

working for me the first thing I do is remove any try catch statements & see

if the error is being caught, if it is it will crash and you can see where.

Or have you added this line of code bellow your "IMPORTS"

<Assembly: CommandClass(GetType(“Class name here”))>

Cheers,

Martin.

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 3 of 7
jithin.dcs
in reply to: quigs

thanks for ur reply martin,

actually i think the dll is not at all loading.. because i tried putting initialize method in the class and its not coming inside intialise.. so i think ther is no point in testing by removing try catch block. and can u be more specific on where should i place this code <Assembly: CommandClass(GetType(“Class name here”))>

thanks

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

this problem could arise if you have the mangaged-dll's copied in your bin-directory.

That works as long as the dll's are the same as AutoCAD has, but e.g. when installing a service pack to AutoCAD that changes the *mgd*.dll you may get this problem.

So look for such files (*mgd*.dll) in your bin-directory, if that are files from AutoCAD remove them (well, backup them before).

For you VisualStudio-project that means you should set the properties of these references to "Copy local" to NO.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
quigs

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime

<Assembly: CommandClass(GetType(Namehere))>

Public Class Namehere

<CommandMethod("CommandName")> _

Public Sub SunNamehere ()

End Sub

End Class

My name is Martin.. 😄
Message 6 of 7
dgorsman

Have you loaded any BETA release or newer release software on the computer before your last compile?  I had a similar problem with a routine which required use of COM, a BETA install had overwritten one of the interop DLLs in ...\Common Files\AutoDesk Shared\... resulting in a reference to an interop file version that nobody else had.  Whoopsie...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7
brandel7XT6J

I came across the same issue today... I typed in the "FILEDIA" command and it was on "0" I changed it to "1" and the netload started working... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost