.NET

Contributor
Natalie-C
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)

netload from network drive??

128 Views, 3 Replies
08-28-2006 01:49 PM
I know this is got to be possible, I must be missing something here. It works fine when I load the dll locally on my machine but if I try to load it off of a network drive it gives me errors.

This is the first line:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
Distinguished Contributor
NathTay
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)

Re: netload from network drive??

08-28-2006 03:50 PM in reply to: Natalie-C
You need to change the framework configuration security settings for the local intranet.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration

Regards - Nathan
Contributor
Natalie-C
Message 3 of 4 (129 Views)

08-29-2006 01:12 PM in reply to: Natalie-C
OK, that sounded easy enough but now that I've gotten in to it, it's no so easy. What settings need to be changed?

Also, this seems to be a security permission on my local machine? Is this correct? I need to change the settings on my machine, not the server? If that is the case, it would have to be done corporate wide....that just doesn't sound right.
Distinguished Contributor
NathTay
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

08-29-2006 04:03 PM in reply to: Natalie-C
I don't know what or where you can set at an enterprise level. Personally I have VBA code that runs when AutoCAD starts which copies my dlls to the users hard drive. In case you want to set the permission on each machine I am attaching a PDF of the steps.

Regards - Nathan
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!