Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netload from network drive??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Natalie-C
329 Views, 3 Replies

netload from network drive??

I know this is got to be possible, I must be missing something here. It works fine when I load the dll locally on my machine but if I try to load it off of a network drive it gives me errors.

This is the first line:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
NathTay
in reply to: Natalie-C

You need to change the framework configuration security settings for the local intranet.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration

Regards - Nathan
Message 3 of 4
Natalie-C

OK, that sounded easy enough but now that I've gotten in to it, it's no so easy. What settings need to be changed?

Also, this seems to be a security permission on my local machine? Is this correct? I need to change the settings on my machine, not the server? If that is the case, it would have to be done corporate wide....that just doesn't sound right.
Message 4 of 4
NathTay

I don't know what or where you can set at an enterprise level. Personally I have VBA code that runs when AutoCAD starts which copies my dlls to the users hard drive. In case you want to set the permission on each machine I am attaching a PDF of the steps.

Regards - Nathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost